Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caps and gowns and flip flops

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
I can top flip flops at graduation. My brother-in-law's bride and her bridesmaids (except my dd) all wore flip flops. It was a formal afternoon wedding and with the exception of the bride, they were all wearing tea-length dresses so their foot wear wasn't hidden. In all the photos my dd was the only one who looked appropriately dressed as she was a junior bridesmaid and was wearing actual shoes. It really took away from the look of what would otherwise have been a very nice wedding. But then I'm old fashioned and a traditonalist, so what do I know, right?

Actually, these were also the rules of the the institution from which I received my Associates degree with High Honors two weeks ago.

Every piece of mail said plainly in bold print "Ladies are to wear dresses and dark, closed-toed shoes. Men should wear a white shirt with a tie, dark slacks, and dress shoes." Still, people showed up in flip-flops, jeans, t-shirts. They talked on their cell phones during the march in, the opening prayer, and all of the speakers. They were rude, but nothing in comparison with the audience.

All pajamas or bathrobes should be recently washed as not to be smelly.
All Adult diapers should have been recently changed so not to be smelly.
Footwear of some type is encouraged.
Motorized wheel chairs will be provided if one does not feel like walking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112