Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual jacket in The Aviator

sonorlite

New in Town
Anyone know where to get something similar either off the rack or custom (His not hers)? Sorry about misspelling Aviator but I can't find a way to edit the title.

aviator-2.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
reVamp Vintage of LA...

...Made this one for me.

Thank you, Annemarie!

I sent her the materials and it was ready in about 2 weeks.

I have since had it taken in and I have shortened the sleeves a bit.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
I have seen some patterns around for coats like that, maybe even find a picture of one or borrow an original from a friend and a tailor could copy it. They are a basic straight cut, little or no padding in the shoulders, and have very little lining if any. Most came with patch pockets, some didn’t. Some had anywhere from two patch pockets to three or four. Some earlier models from the late 30’s had a belted back with pleats.

Traditionally they came in all tweed checked, hounds-tooth, glen plaid, solid wool flannel or herringbone in light colors with a dark contrasting gabardine to accent the dark colors in the wool tweed.

Most of the time were worn by Hollywood members off the set, a popular casual coat of the era up till the 50’s. Kids and adults wore them in leisure times, weekends and in sport.

Many names describe these coats; they’ve been called Hollywood coats, car coats or leisure coats.

Always came in two tone colors, bold contrast was popular at the time.

FM~

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Hemingway Jones said:
...Made this one for me.

Thank you, Annemarie!

I sent her the materials and it was ready in about 2 weeks.

I have since had it taken in and I have shortened the sleeves a bit.

You both look stunning and it looks to be you are at the very beautiful Paramount Theatre in Oakland!

As for the jacket is looks like it would be easiest to get it made the pattern is simple and any quality sewer would be able to make it in a snap! Plus you get the option of picking out the fabrics that you like best.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
BakingInPearls said:
You both look stunning and it looks to be you are at the very beautiful Paramount Theatre in Oakland!
Thank you so very much!
Actually, that was taken at last years Adventure on the Queen Mary in the Ballroom, if memory serves.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
sonorlite said:
Annemarie confirmed she could make this jacket. Where do you get your fabric?

Thanks,

Paul
Well, if you're asking me and I can only assume you are, I bought it on-line and had it sent to her. It was a tweed and a brown gabardine and silk for the lining. I have the links on the Lounge somewhere. I posted about it at the time. I would go look, but I am busy with something else, but I'll try to look later.

I would search for DiCaprio's last name or under Aviator.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy