Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CC41 RULES AND RESTRICTIONS FO MENSWEAR

rebecca barton

New in Town
I am trying to find a comprehensive list of the rules and restrictions for clothing manufacture in the second world war (CC41) but am having no luck getting anything specific or in proper detail, can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks in hope!

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
I don't really have any useful suggestions but can we assume you're referring to the United States?

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
Well, I do know such things existed but comprehensive? Good luck!

The thing is, when it came to such things, the authorities tended to make wartime modifications to garments and clothing regulations almost as a footnote. In fact, some clothing regulations specifically say that wartime (emergency) provisions were not reflected in the newly published regulations. But clothing regulations generally do not get into specifications as such, although great details of some garments are usually included. Others, however, are usually given as "as issued," or in an otherwise vague manner. I suspect there is more available for some services than others.

You probably weren't referring to uniforms anyway, were you? Even for officer's uniforms, you needed coupons or whatever they were, even for handkerchiefs.

rebecca barton

New in Town
thanks for replying but i know there is an actual document/table with all of the rules for garment manufacture (number of buttons/pockets etc) under the rules of austerity/cc41 - it isn't for uniform - cc stands for civilian clothing - don't worry, I have ordered a book about it now, i was just trying to save myself the £20!

Warden

One Too Many
CC41 Utility Clothing is a cracking book, Mike Brown came onto our radio show to talk about it. If you are interested can hear the show by clicking here

6d27-d023-4424-8fc1-46cb76b20970.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace