Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap Panama Hat

animator

One of the Regulars
I got this from Panama Bob a couple of months ago and forgot to post any pictures.

This was $45 including delivery and it was shipped in a nice hat box I can store the hat in! I know it is a low end hat, but I like the way it looks and am very happy with it. If the kids eat this one I'm not out a lot of cash. Thanks Bob!

PanamaKyle.jpg

PanamaJack.jpg

PanamaSide.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I stuck a CCC pin on one just like that & wear it about 50% of the summer. Down in GA you NEED a good sun hat or three. I want one of the caldos & one of the Graysons too!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
I've worn the heck out of mine this summer, almost every day. I find the fabric sweatband way more comfortable in the sweltering heat than the leather on my two vintage Stetson Panamas.

ccajackson

Familiar Face
1961MJS said:
Great hat, I'm considering one for next year. Can you request a different color ribbon?

Thanks

I'm sure you can. I received a similar hat from Bob, and am loving it (will be posting some today's pic in the Panama Canal thread). Without any prompting, I received a dark brown ribbon, with a brown cotton band. Looks great to my eye!

Cheers!

C-C

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I think the brims varied on those hats. The brown band hats had bands of about 2 3/4 inches. I've got them with short brims, too. I'll be selling out for $33.00 from here on out. Next summer we're going to Ecuador....don't want to keep hundreds of hats around.

animator

One of the Regulars
Cheap is only derogatory if it is taken that way.

From Websters Dictionary...

In`ex*pen"sive (?), a. Not expensive; cheap.

cheap (chēp) a. Relatively low in cost; inexpensive or comparatively inexpensive.

Cheap and inexpensive are synonyms. I asked the hat and his feelings weren't hurt by being referred to as cheap. He wears the "Cheap" label as a badge of honor! ...but he does thank everyone for looking out for him. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy