Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choosing the Correct Hat for your Body Type

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Dynasty star, Joan Collins, wears a floppy hat to great effect. I don't think that there's a Blazing Saddles connection but when Fruno's on a roll..........................
joan collins.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! I was told the crown was a little tall, when I bought the hat I was told a taller crown is better for round faces? I get mixed opinions. I like how it looks, but I was told it didn't fit my face by a family member so I want to find something that is "correct" for my face. Maybe my family member was wrong... lol
Yes, there is an inherent danger in asking.....we all have opinions......and many of us are wrong (esp family!)

HatLoverGirl

New in Town
Basically, if you put a hat on your head and you have even a smidgen of doubt whether you look good in it or not, you are not ready for that hat (yet).
Probably, I would say I was not in doubt until a conversation I had with someone who pointed out all the reasons why they thought it didn't fit me, hence the reason why I came here to get some help from fellow hat lovers

lol!!! right? I think I made a mistake by asking family members. They are not hat lovers anyway. :)
I tend to wear what appeals to me without too many barriers. The only hat that I won't wear is a pork pie. I have tried, lord I have tried but to even my unskilled eye it looks silly on me or rather I look silly in it. Other than that most things are a go.

HatLoverGirl

New in Town
I tend to wear what appeals to me without too many barriers. The only hat that I won't wear is a pork pie. I have tried, lord I have tried but to even my unskilled eye it looks silly on me or rather I look silly in it. Other than that most things are a go.
I like pork pie hats and boater hats, they have a unique style. Audrey Hepburn is my favorite boater hat rocker lol

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Trust your instincts, and while entertaining others' opinions can be helpful, take what you hear with a grain of salt. People's tastes differ.

I also take into account from whom the comment is coming. Some people have what my Dad used to call, 'Taste up their a**.'

Iow, for example, I don't take style or fashion advice from guys in backwards baseball caps and sports jerseys, or people I know have mean spirited personality disorders. You know the type - people who are unhappy enough to be critical of others just because.

I know that goes out some ways, but you have to know your 'audience' when evaluating what they say.

Yeah, I think about stuff like that. :rolleyes:

HatLoverGirl

New in Town
Trust your instincts, and while entertaining others' opinions can be helpful, take what you hear with a grain of salt. People's tastes differ.

I also take into account from whom the comment is coming. Some people have what my Dad used to call, 'Taste up their a**.'

Iow, for example, I don't take style or fashion advice from guys in backwards baseball caps and sports jerseys, or people I know have mean spirited personality disorders. You know the type - people who are unhappy enough to be critical of others just because.

I know that goes out some ways, but you have to know your 'audience' when evaluating what they say.

Yeah, I think about stuff like that. :rolleyes:
Hey I completely agree and I truly appreciate your input, sometimes I forget that some people whether they are family or not, don't always have the best advice to give. I appreciate you! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy