Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choosing the Correct Hat for your Body Type

RJR

First of all, welcome to the lounge. I see you've belonged for a bit but have not posted much. As Scott said, the one your wearing in your avatar looks good on you. The main thing about hat wearing is to find one you like and feel comfortable in and wear the hell out of it without consideration of what others think. As is often said around here, "wear the hat , don't let it wear you".

There are guides out that call for particular hat styles in regards to ones facial shape. I've never given them consideration and I don't think many here have either. I own and wear everything from a low crown, 2" brim hat to a 4" brim cowboy hat with a 6 1/2" open crown, creased to about 5 1/2"

Here is one such guide as an example. https://www.hats.com/face-shapes
I agree...wear the hat.

First of all, welcome to the lounge. I see you've belonged for a bit but have not posted much. As Scott said, the one your wearing in your avatar looks good on you. The main thing about hat wearing is to find one you like and feel comfortable in and wear the hell out of it without consideration of what others think. As is often said around here, "wear the hat , don't let it wear you".

There are guides out that call for particular hat styles in regards to ones facial shape. I've never given them consideration and I don't think many here have either. I own and wear everything from a low crown, 2" brim hat to a 4" brim cowboy hat with a 6 1/2" open crown, creased to about 5 1/2"

Bama speaketh the Gospel. Buy something you like and will wear, then wear it. Eventually, you'll try something else, but even if you don't...

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I agree...wear the hat.

Bama speaketh the Gospel. Buy something you like and will wear, then wear it. Eventually, you'll try something else, but even if you don't...

Yep, yep and yep

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the Lounge. I agree with the sentiments and advice given here. I like the hat in your avatar as it goes well with your face. In the final analysis you will wear what you are comfortable in and learn to ignore the critics. Just enjoy the experience

HatLoverGirl

New in Town
Thank you everyone for your support and welcoming messages, I love hats and think they look so cool, that is why I started wearing this hat, a friend of mine gifted me a hat last year and that is how I got started, then I purchased a hat (the one on my avatar) it's a whool hat so here in FL it can get a little too hot to wear at times, I have been thinking about investing in a straw fedora :) I really like Stetson and Goorin, they seem to be pretty awesome, the only hat I own is a Walrus, however, I think I am leaning towards a straw or cooler hat for FL. :cool: now that @Wesslyn mentioned a floppy hat, I think I may need to consider that. I love floppy hats! <3

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I think I am leaning towards a straw or cooler hat for FL. :cool: now that @Wesslyn mentioned a floppy hat, I think I may need to consider that. I love floppy hats! <3
Welcome to the Lounge, have you heard of the Dutch Jazz singer, Caro Emerald? Here she is showing you how cool a floppy hat looks.
caro1.jpg

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Thank you everyone for your support and welcoming messages, I love hats and think they look so cool, that is why I started wearing this hat, a friend of mine gifted me a hat last year and that is how I got started, then I purchased a hat (the one on my avatar) it's a whool hat so here in FL it can get a little too hot to wear at times, I have been thinking about investing in a straw fedora :) I really like Stetson and Goorin, they seem to be pretty awesome, the only hat I own is a Walrus, however, I think I am leaning towards a straw or cooler hat for FL. :cool: now that @Wesslyn mentioned a floppy hat, I think I may need to consider that. I love floppy hats! <3
Sounds like you're hooked. A little advice........clear space for all the hats you are now going to acquire. Once you are hooked it gets out of hand quickly. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner