Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic leading man or dame test

magneto

Practically Family
I think it would be better if they had less conventional actor/actress choices...still haven't seen anyone come up as a "Wallace Beery" or "Marie Dressler" yet... ;)

skillbilly

One of the Regulars
Jimmy Stewart
You scored 4% Tough, 4% Roguish, 85% Friendly, and 9% Charming!

You are the fun and friendly boy next door, the classic nice guy who still manages to get the girl most of the time. You're every nice girl's dreamboat, open and kind, nutty and charming, even a little mischievous at times, but always a real stand up guy. You're dependable and forthright, and women are drawn to your reliability, even as they're dazzled by your sense of adventure and fun. You try to be tough when you need to be, and will gladly stand up for any damsel in distress, but you'd rather catch a girl with a little bit of flair. Your leading ladies include Jean Arthur and Donna Reed, those sweet girl-next-door types.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
By golly, they finally got me right!!!!

You are CARY GRANT: You scored 14% Tough, 0% Roguish, 57% Friendly, and 33% Charming!
You are the epitome of charm and style, the smooth operator who steals the show with your sophisticated wit, quiet confidence and flirty sense of humor. You are able to catch any woman you want just by flashing that disarming smile, even if you're flashing it at a kindly aunt or engaging child at the time. When you walk into a room, women are instantly intrigued and even the men are impressed, but you're too nice a guy to steal anyone else's girl...unless the guy deserves it. You're stylish, yes, but you can also be a little bit nutty. However, you're primarily seen as dashing, suave and romantic. Your co-stars include Katharine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly, stylish women with a sense of fun.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Humphrey Bogart
You scored 33% Tough, 4% Roguish, 47% Friendly, and 19% Charming!

Yeah, well, tests like this are for suckers...and dames. Yeah. I test out for nobody! Got it! Nobody.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Well this is rich, but somewhat unsurprising. lol

Katharine Hepburn
You scored 28% grit, 33% wit, 38% flair, and 23% class!
You are the fabulously quirky and independent woman of character. You go your own way, follow your own drummer, take your own lead. You stand head and shoulders next to your partner, but you are perfectly willing and able to stand alone. Others might be more classically beautiful or conventionally woman-like, but you possess a more fundamental common sense and off-kilter charm, making interesting men fall at your feet. You can pick them up or leave them there as you see fit. You share the screen with the likes of Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, thinking men who like strong women.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
frankly my dear....

Clark Gable
You scored 7% Tough, 42% Roguish, 33% Friendly, and 19% Charming!
You're a pretty interesting guy, all man but approachable and friendly. You like the lovely ladies, but you're also a real stand up guy with a true sense of honor and duty. You're respected by most men, although they probably wouldn't trust you alone with their girlfriends and even wives. Women find you intriguing, drawn to your playful sense of fun and true-blue core. You think most women are rather silly, but strong dames with smarts really turn you on, and you tend to marry them. Leading ladies include Claudette Colbert and Vivien Leigh, women who find you somewhat charming but a little dangerous.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Cary Grant.

I'd have much preferred to turn out as Bogie, as I'm not that big of a fan of Cary...he's always struck me as a bit too much the straight man, a touch too goody two shoes. I suppose Cary is more who I am and Bogie is who I want to be.

I suppose I'm a bit put off by the fact that this test is agreeing with my ex. :eusa_doh:

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Myrna Loy

You scored 16% grit, 28% wit, 33% flair, and 35% class!

You are class itself, the calm, confident "perfect woman." Men turn and look at you admiringly as you walk down the street, and even your rivals have a grudging respect for you. You always know the right thing to say, do and, of course, wear. You can take charge of a situation when things get out of hand, and you're a great help to your partner even if they don't immediately see or know it. You are one classy dame. Your screen partners include William Powell and Cary Grant, you little simmerpot, you.

--Leslie

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Well, wasn't I surprised!

I actually took the test this time. Here's their opinion:

Cary Grant
You scored 19% Tough, 4% Roguish, 28% Friendly, and 47% Charming!
You are the epitome of charm and style, the smooth operator who steals the show with your sophisticated wit and quiet confidence. You are able to catch any woman you want just by flashing that disarming smile. When you walk into a room, the women are instantly intrigued and even the men are impressed. When you find yourself in trouble, you are easily able to charm your way out of it, or convince others to help you. You're seen as dashing, suave and romantic. Your co-stars include Katharine Hepburn, Irene Dunne, and Joan Fontaine, stylish women who know a class act when they see it.

I always assumed I was a cross between Stewart and Powell.;)

Sincerely,
Cary Wolf

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
The Wolf said:
Frank Morgan
you scored 35% befuddlement, 29% harmless, 10% amusing and 27% more befuddlement!

You are a nice enough guy that will never get the girl. The girls do love you though, like a father. You are at times inept but a fun addition. The tough guys are never afraid of you and things go smoother when you aren't around. Your co-stars are Zasu Pitts, Cass Daley and Virginia O'Brien. Now get lost.

The Wolf
<--------------------

that is adorable! i love the befuddlement part.

rsg

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
Another barbara stanwyck here - perfect for the folks that live inside my head! and gary cooper is my all time fave!

Barbara Stanwyck
You scored 33% grit, 9% wit, 61% flair, and 14% class!
You're a tough dame, a bit of a spitfire, and you can even be a little dangerous, but you do it with such flair that almost all is forgiven (and even when it's not, you're still the most interesting woman in the room). You can be witty and charming, all right, but you have a tough streak that keeps you focused and sometimes deadly. You've had quite a climb to get where you are, but you're a hard worker and you mostly deserve all you get...and then some. You might end up destroying everything around you, but you must admit...you've got style. Your leading men include Henry Fonda, Fred MacMurray, and when you forget yourself, Gary Cooper.

have to go take the test for the guys side just for kicks and giggles...youboys should do the same for the female side of you. :)

oh, now this is a surprise - john wayne - no gary cooper! the perfect combination of all those guys in the test!

John Wayne
You scored 42% Tough, 4% Roguish, 23% Friendly, and 28% Charming!

rsg

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
WHAT?!

"John Wayne
You scored 54% Tough, 9% Roguish, 23% Friendly, and 14% Charming!"

I'm completely surprised and a little dismayed about this. I thought I was way more charming.

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
The Wingnut said:
...I'm not that big of a fan of Cary...he's always struck me as a bit too much the straight man, a touch too goody two shoes.

Grant played a lot of dark, dark characters though. Spies and suspected murderers, even! If you see more of his work, he's got quite an edge to him. He's played drunken wifebeaters too. He could be outright dangerous. Not a goody-goody at all.

Jimmy Stewart had a persistent persona of appearing like a nice guy most of the time too, but he played a lot of characters bordering on psycho.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John Wayne:cool2:
You scored 57% Tough, 14% Roguish, 9% Friendly, and 19% Charming!
You, my friend, are a man's man, the original true grit, one tough talking, swaggering son of a bitch. You're not a bad guy, on the contrary, you're the ultimate good guy, but you're one tough character, rough and tumble, ready for anything. You call the shots and go your own way, and if some screwy dame is willing to accept your terms, that's just fine by you. Otherwise, you'll just hit the open trail and stay true to yourself. You stand up for what you believe and can handle any situation, usually by rushing into the thick of the action. You're not polished and you're not overly warm, but you're a straight shooter and a real stand up guy. Co-stars include Lauren Bacall and Maureen O'Hara, tough broads who can take care of themselves.

You scored higher than 92% on Tough

You scored higher than 43% on Roguish

You scored higher than 5% on Friendly

You scored higher than 30% on Charming

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Sable said:
WHAT?!

"John Wayne
You scored 54% Tough, 9% Roguish, 23% Friendly, and 14% Charming!"

I'm completely surprised and a little dismayed about this. I thought I was way more charming.

Without attempting the accent, let me just say The Duke has his own charm. It ain't fancified, is all.lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy