Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleaning nubuck/leather Co-respondants

RetroRich

New in Town
Over the years.the white nubuck on my Co-respondant College shoes has become faded/jaded..where once it was pristine white,now it is a sorry shade of cream..any suggestions on how i can revive it to its former glory?

1331846736_ee8f244253.jpg

1330963235_242abb8ad9.jpg

1331852058_e156a3b9b3.jpg

1330957647_30d3bc6422.jpg

Teacher

Familiar Face
I think there are still nubuk cleaners out there, and some people use bags of powdered chalk. Honestly, though, I think they look good: it's sort of like the patina on a well worn -- but well cared-for -- pair of quality calf shoes. They aren't filthy, they just show a little age...and a little love.:rolleyes:

John K Stetson

One of the Regulars
A big old fashioned rubber/gum eraser? I've used them on darker colors, seems to work OK, followed by a brush to bring the nap back up. Of course, go gently.
Edit- added the bit about the brush

Teacher

Familiar Face
Ah yes, I forgot to mention the brush. Just one thing: make sure you don't use a brass brush on white buck, as it may well discolor light colors. Actually, I use a rubber "brush," and it works well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran