Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clooney's LEATHERHEADS jacket (pics from a changing room!)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
With that title, I imagine there's more female members than fellas taking a peek in here. Sorry to disappoint, but the pics are of 'me' in the Belstaff shop changing room, rather than of Mr Clooney in his changing room[huh]

BUT...it's about the jacket afterall, right? ;)

Well I loved the motorcycle jacket he wore in the movie and when I saw that Belstaff were going to sell the jacket type of Clooney's I just had to have a look.

And BOY, was I disappointed :( It's very lightweight, there's buckles (one at the front) where I don't see one on the original movie jacket, buttons are missing from the shop one where there are ones in the movie. It just plain feels like a cheap, lightweight High Street/Mall jacket costing a silly price (around £700 GBP I think it was [huh] ). If you want one, go to someone like Aero and ask them to make you one (send them pics)..that's my advice. But no way is this the baby that Clooney zoomed around on as far as I can see.

Sorry for this news, but it disappointed me no-end too :eek:

davyjones007

One of the Regulars
The jacket does look a lot like an Aero. It does have a belt of some sort on it. You can see the buckle just under the cleat hanging over Mr. Clooney's right arm. I think you are paying for the Bellstaff name with the jacket that Paddy is describing and, as suggested by Graemsay, just ask Aero to modify one of their jackets.

Edward

Bartender
Seems to me that Belstaff, since the buyout by a big Itlian company, has become something more of a fashion house than what it used to be. Looking at the belstaff website, the whole look of the thing seems geared that direction. [huh]

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Trust me on this one chaps...

This jacket is 'awful!' but are we really that surprised to hear that? of course not.

But companies like Aero with their fine selection of FQHH (I'd go with the shaved FQHH for the drape in this model and for wearing over a jacket..etc. Full weight, GREAT for Street Patrol in Basra, but not for walking around Boston or Basildon!) could make this for you, given photos..etc and it's not too much of a deviation from jackets they already have. And half, yes HALF the price. But please-oh-please don't go spending your money on this lightweight.

Surely that's why we are members HERE, to find out HOW and WHERE we can get true tribute jackets to those Golden Years of travel..!;)

WARNING: None of these jackets will make you look like George Clooney!! I tried [huh] and failed miserably :eek: haha.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The funny thing about the Clooney jacket is that it appears to be
vintage. That is, the wear on the arms looks to be around 50 years
of drying, rubbing, etc. It doesn't look like a period piece, it looks like
he went 50 years in the future to get a jacket from his day. It's probably
an original Hercules to which they might have applied a bit of Pecard's.

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
feltfan said:
The funny thing about the Clooney jacket is that it appears to be
vintage. That is, the wear on the arms looks to be around 50 years
of drying, rubbing, etc. It doesn't look like a period piece, it looks like
he went 50 years in the future to get a jacket from his day. It's probably
an original Hercules to which they might have applied a bit of Pecard's.

That's exactly what I thought, Makes no sense at all. BTW Paddy, I hope you left that sad excuse for a jacket in the dressing room.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
(photo) Barnstormer in FQHH (Heavy).

Edit: Forgot to say...Barnstormer by Aero of Scotland in brown FQHH.

barnstormer004-1.jpg

matei

One Too Many
Clooney's jacket in "Leatherheads"?

Hi all,

Begging pardon if this has already been addressed, but would any of ye know who supplied George Clooney's jacket in "Leatherheads"?

film_leatherheads1_080523054434386_wideweb__300x375.jpg

I don't have a better image, but it appears to be a 3/4 length, belt-backed jacket similar to what Aero might make.

Any ideas?

matei

One Too Many
Thanks for pointing my wayward thread in the right direction. I don't know how I missed this in my search... :eusa_doh:

dostacos

Practically Family
matei said:
Hi all,

Begging pardon if this has already been addressed, but would any of ye know who supplied George Clooney's jacket in "Leatherheads"?

film_leatherheads1_080523054434386_wideweb__300x375.jpg

I don't have a better image, but it appears to be a 3/4 length, belt-backed jacket similar to what Aero might make.

Any ideas?
don't know about the jacket, but his hair looks like he still as a ton of "dapper Dan" :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley