Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothing color combinations

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Fleur De Guerre said:
Darhling, for the record, not once in any of your pics, or when I met you in real life have I ever thought you looked older or tired. You look fabulous with your dark hair. ;)

I agree. I think your dark brown hair looks great!

When I dyed my hair dark brown, a few people, especially older men including my father, treated me with more respect.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Paisley said:
I agree. I think your dark brown hair looks great!

When I dyed my hair dark brown, a few people, especially older men including my father, treated me with more respect.

Thank you very much Paisley! It is funny how different we are treated as brunettes! I wonder how I will be treated as a redhead :)

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
Thank you Carey - but I can't make Winter fit my original colors!

My eyes are super light blue with tiny flecks of gold and green (says my eye doctor), my skin is definitly warm and my original hair color is dark'ish blonde!

C'est moi!

x1pqN4SVrgvmykwquXSwVmHEhrsHJJ-MDrC.jpg

Here is my eyecolor more obvious with the dark hair

DSC_0254.jpg

You are beautiful as a blonde--that color is incredible! But lovely as a brunette as well, and the dark color really makes your eyes stand out. I am a natural blond as well--though mine isn't so pretty as yours...I do know what you mean about being taken seriously. :(

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
lazydaisyltd said:
You are beautiful as a blonde--that color is incredible! But lovely as a brunette as well, and the dark color really makes your eyes stand out. I am a natural blond as well--though mine isn't so pretty as yours...I do know what you mean about being taken seriously. :(

I know it is off topic, but how annoying isn't it?!! A few years before I went dark it was standard that when I met someone who was more interested in the 'blondness' of me, I used to get VERY sarcastic and bet with friends how long it took for them to realise that I was being sarcastic.. often it could be hours. But dye the hair dark and voila! Instant respect.

Also I find I can get 'away' with wearing more feminine clothes much more now and still being treated more seriously. I can't imagine how I would be treated with one of my current dresses, seamed stockings and red lipstick and my blonde hair :eek:

But thank you!! The hair is lightened by the sun though.. and the flash is bright aswell. I have another pic from the same evening where you can see my darker blonde hair better.

1064754815180279.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
Darhling - the way I look at it, you are gorgeous with either coloring. I think that haircolor can change the "type" of pretty that projects. As a blond you are beautiful, perky and cute. And as a brunette, perhaps a bit more exotic, sultry, edgy and gorgeous. Take that for what it's worth. :) As long as you enjoy the attention you are getting then I think it's the right look for you.

I have a hard time with those season recommendations. I look like death warmed over in over half the colors I am "supposed" to wear based on my skin, hair coloring. I will never wear peach or pale yellow. I change my haircolor constantly (well at least a few times a year) so I find colors I feel comfortable in that work on multiple levels. I think maybe I place more value on skin tone than haircolor myself.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I have very bright red hair so I find I can wear a lot of black without looking too dull, but green is my favourite as it contrasts beautifully with the red and exaggerates my pale skin without making me look pasty. Also, is it just me or does a pale to mid blue just suit everybody? It does something wonderful to all skin tones in my opinion.

Darhling, I think you could totally pull off red - your lovely pale skin and blue eyes will just glow with a good red.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
I have very bright red hair so I find I can wear a lot of black without looking too dull, but green is my favourite as it contrasts beautifully with the red and exaggerates my pale skin without making me look pasty. Also, is it just me or does a pale to mid blue just suit everybody? It does something wonderful to all skin tones in my opinion.

Darhling, I think you could totally pull off red - your lovely pale skin and blue eyes will just glow with a good red.

Thank you miss :D
I think green looks so good on redheads! The same with a clear navyblue.. The girl who said jeweltones for redheads are definitly spoton!!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Laura Chase said:
I'm afraid the Anthropologie link just sends me to the front page, no dress. :(

It takes awhile to load. It's a black dress with a white geometric/floral print, sleveless, scoop neck.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
So I was looking at a picture of me from last year. In that time I've lost a little weight and my hair's grown out, but it's the same (natural, no one would do that on purpose) colour, and I'm weighing going darker or going redder? I want it to look more dramatic, but conceivably natural?

IMG_0393.jpg

More pictures tomorrow, when my guy gets home, they're on his computer.

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Go for it!

Viola said:
So I was looking at a picture of me from last year. In that time I've lost a little weight and my hair's grown out, but it's the same (natural, no one would do that on purpose) colour, and I'm weighing going darker or going redder? I want it to look more dramatic, but conceivably natural?

IMG_0393.jpg

More pictures tomorrow, when my guy gets home, they're on his computer.
Hi Viola, you have very similar coloring to me (naturally). I've been dying my hair red and brunette for years and it looks fab! (if I do say so myself lol ) I have done the flaming unnatural red and recently decided to go more natural brown. I think it will make your eyes pop, and your skin glow! Here's a pic when it was at its darkest...
IMG_3508-1.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Ladies, do you see this- these two pics of darhling are amazing- look closely at the differences of which is best for her. As a blonde she just GLOWS! Here is excellent evidence to show about hair coloring.

Sorry but I agree 100%. The dark hair adds about 10 years to your age. You do look lovely of course in both but somehow you just need to get them to respect you with blonde hair. It is their problem and not yours.
BTW: My dad had the exact color of eyes as you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart