Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cocktail Cabinets

Arcot

New in Town
Considering it was this thread, and Mojito's cabinet, that motivated me to restart the search for a cabinet, it seems appropriate this is as good a place as anywhere to start posting.

And here she is, (well, as much as I could fit in frame with a snooker table in my way)
cocktail1.jpg

A view into the right side cupboards. The left are basically the same, except both top and bottom have half-height shelves.
cocktail2.jpg

The top half..
cocktail3.jpg

And the full front.
cocktail4.jpg

Unfortunatly she hasnt been christened yet, and needs a tiny bit of work in non visible areas. But both can be easily solved. Definatly happy with it.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
PADDY said:
Auction ended a few mins ago. I've been watching and watching this, and could see where in my house I'd have it, but...just too rich for me right now (even though £400 was a very reasonable price for this 30's cabinet). With the extra to transport it to me, well...it just wasn't going to happen, and YES I'm really sad about it too, as it is just gorgeous!! :(

Hey, HO...C'est la vie!! anyway...the glass is still half full ;)

BR4J5Q2kKGrHgoH-EYEjlLly8EBKYgj7WBQ.jpg

BR4QRQWkKGrHgoH-D4EjlLle-etBKYhGFdS.jpg

BR4-8jwBGkKGrHgoH-DgEjlLl0b6BKYfZNb.jpg

Mr Paddy I'm slightly confused, you posted this cabinet earlier , did you miss out at auction and then it popped up again? or is it its "Twin" ? do tell, its positively spiffing, but the etched glass, and "Atomic" Handles scream "1950's" lovely timber veneers!

Matthew Thompson

New in Town
Just a kind bump to keep the thread rolling. I've been dabbling in furniture making for the past year or so, and I've saved a lot of these photos for when I finally build my ManCabinet™.

My ideas is to have a cabinet similar to Mojito's hold wines, spirits, glassware and cigars all out of sight (but in plain sight, I suppose). :)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

BinkieBaumont said:
Mr Paddy I'm slightly confused, you posted this cabinet earlier , did you miss out at auction and then it popped up again? or is it its "Twin" ?

Very similar Binkie, but if you look at the walnut, you'll see that they are not pattern-for-pattern identical. Thanks for the encouraging comments.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just spotted a 40's cocktail cabinet in Charity/Thrift shop...

Maybe the Northeast of England is having a run of Cocktail Cabinets these days ;) But whilst prodding around in a charity shop in an old County Town, I came across a nice mirrored one at a decent price. But I have no need for it now...

vintage_jayhawk

One of the Regulars
Lily Amelia said:
Whilst browsing around a charity shop the other week we came across this cute little cocktail cabinet. We didn't think we really had enough space for it so left it, but when it was still there a week later we decided that it was fate and promptly bought it and took it home! :)

http://www.fotki.com

I must admit it was this mirrored section which grabbed my attention...

I'm a sucker for shiny things, that's what would've gotten me too! That is such a great piece. :eusa_clap

docneg

One of the Regulars
de Stokesay said:
On a different note, how about those really cool, huge globes from the 20's and 30's that when opened revealed a hidden bar? I have a couple of friends who have one and they say that they were used during prohibition (bad idea by the way) to hide the fact that you actually had a bar in your house. Does anyone have one of these?

Oh boy...I had one years ago and gave it away...before I had any sense of style...or any sense.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Matthew Thompson said:
Did I do something wrong? :(
Binkie's just making a little joke, as he is often wont to do, but he makes a valid point nonetheless.

You're bumping an active post less than 90 minutes after the last post was made. There were at least a few previous posts to the same message in the same day. I think it's more reasonable to wait perhaps a couple of days to a week after a post has had no activity before issuing a bump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner