Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College Football!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The bowl games aren't really "finals" anyway. Speaking broadly, should we care more about who does well in the popularity contest part of the season?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
My point is that the Heisman is an award for the best college player, of a given season, and the season doesn't end until the final gun of the final game. Why choose the winner before the final gun?

The regular season essentially over (Bowl games being more
the Monday night football Vegas line gone-to-school, a gravy train sop to
NCAA altruism;) ), the Heisman Trophy award schedule at season's end
is practically scheduled.

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP= THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA VS. OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spiridon

A-List Customer
RedPop4 said:
If you think Quinn is prototypical, wait until you see JaMarcus Russell.:eek:

AMEN Bro!! For purely selfish reasons I sure would like to see him stay at LSU for one more year. I love watching him play, even when he's beating up on my Crimson Tide.:eusa_doh:

spiridon

A-List Customer
Oh yeah! Gotta go for the Gators for the National Championship!!!
Geaux Gators!!!!:D

......I only hope my Crimson Tide players don't get caught up in the Shreveport Nightlife and blow their Bowl game.;)

spiridon

A-List Customer
spiridon said:
Oh yeah! Gotta go for the Gators for the National Championship!!!
Geaux Gators!!!!:D

......I only hope my Crimson Tide players don't get caught up in the Shreveport Nightlife and blow their Bowl game.;)

But then again, I suppose they should enjoy their "free" time........'cuz once we get Saban at the Capstone those footloose and fancyfree days will be over!;) :D lol

RedPop4

One Too Many
There was a thread over at Weekly, that Sancho posted. It was a poll of who should be the new Bammer coach. There were like 8 options, and the last one was.....save a few million, give it to SP and Mannish and we'll coach you up a football team. SP will be the D-coordinator.

I conned Flip into making that photo.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Leesville

RedPop4 said:
Hell, even I haven't been to Leesville. Been to Hodges' Gardens near Many though. Does that count?

Of course, Red. I'm just a Chicago southside boy who got to see
a bit of Louisiana in my wild reckless carefree youth.
--and I just know the Tigers are gonna maul the IRISH. :(

spiridon

A-List Customer
Harp said:
--and I just know the Tigers are gonna maul the IRISH. :(

.....and I'm looking forward to it!!:D

In the meantime I guess I'll have to take a break from work today, walk down the street to the closest sports pub to watch the Independence Bowl.......hopefully the Tide can give the Cowboys a good game!:rolleyes:

Hey, if anybody here is looking for work......you may want to send your resume to Tuscaloosa.....we are STILL looking for a COACH!!!!!:eusa_doh: :( :eek:

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
Sorry, I haven't been following this thread

But I have to agree. The College Cup Final between UCSB and UCLA was excellent. Played in St. Louis, just after a blizzard, in frigid conditions, and the play was excellent. Back and forth, with UCSB prevailing in the end for their first National Championship.

That is what you were talking about, wasn't it?;) ;) ;)

RC

RedPop4

One Too Many
I don't pay much attention to THAT college football. Of course if one of my sons gets a scholly to play somewhere.....

I enjoy the Premiership, la Liga and Serie A to watch college football from the U. S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo