Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cone Denim brand jeans?

Vivala

New in Town
While trawling at a local thrift shop, my eyes recently zeroed in on a crisp cuffed denim with red line selvage. It had been a very long time (decades) since that had happened! Did Cone Mills manufacture any garments? Handwritten stuff inside, but no ID anywhere but that button.

thumbnail-7.jpeg
thumbnail copy.jpeg
thumbnail-1 copy.jpeg
thumbnail-6.jpeg
thumbnail-5.jpeg
thumbnail-3.jpeg

memphislawyer

Practically Family
DOnt know but research Selvedge denim. Cone Denim is a sought after mill and red stiching is a sign I think of selvedge jeans. Sought after, Styleforum is a place to check it out. Suppossedly until recently maybe the last mill to make selvedge in America, though some may started back since there are a lot of companies using kickstarter to bring that jean back. Lots of mills in Japan are now sought after

Vivala

New in Town
Thank you for replying! I'll check out Styleforum. I did learn about Clone Mills and the closing. Also noticed that Gap and others cite Cone denim when it's used in a product. I'm just baffled by the button and the notations inside. Very much like a sample garment.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did you try the search function? I vaguely remember a thread about this some years back. You'll have to scroll down through the Gustin entries, as they carried Cone Mills denim and still have a few runs left, I believe. Anyway, good luck.

Vivala

New in Town
Thanks - I did... then wandered over here. I'll dig deeper, but most of what I find to date is info on the fabric itself, and it's use by apparel manufacturers. So far I haven't found out if Cone Mills might have made any jeans themselves - perhaps a few pieces, or a one-off for promotional purposes? I'll keep looking... it's fun!

thumbnail-2.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner