Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cooper jacket

kojax

Practically Family
i was looking at a company with only a few a2 cooper jackets only size is a small this jacket has side pockets.......how does this jacket run big or small.........i am a size 38......one other thing i wonder if there jacket are long or waiste high...........the price is right and the jacket is new thank you

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
cooper siZes

i've had the modern coopers, meaning not milspec, with side pockets as you mention...these are the ones that have bigger sizes...a 38 for instance would be a normal, civilian somewhat large fit...the milspec coopers, with no side pockets, throat hook, etc. are your typical milspec sizing, so these run about or close to a size smaller than the 'civilian' style coopers with the side pockets...the one you are talking about, as you've described it, is the side pocket, which suggests that it has the roomier sizing...the one i had experience with was a size 46 that i got about six years ago, an a-2 with side pockets...it was big and roomy...too big...then i purchased recently a 90s cooper milspec a-2...size 46 as well...was a nice trim fit...not too tight, but i wouldn't go any smaller...the milspec coopers run about 25" from bottom of the collar seam to the end of the cloth fabric at the bottom...for a size 46, i'm guessing it might be a half inch less for your size

pretty much milspec a-2s and g-1s run almost or about a size smaller than the non-milspec 'same size' a-2s or g-1s like wilsons, or cooper...

i did find cockpit usa's milspec is pretty close to classic milspec tight sizing...though uswings milspec is about a full half size or size bigger...however, the cut on the uswings is very nice, very squared off milspec shape, not blowsy around the stomach (meaning bowed out to cover larger tum tums)...

my guess (don't sue me though) is that a 38 later model cooper with the side entry pockets was made in the 2000s and will fit a 38 person with some loose room to spare, and will fit a size 40 person rather trimly, like a milspec a-2 would

again, this is from my specific experience with the type of non-milspec cooper a-2 you mention, and the same size in a milspec version

hope it helps

johnnyjohnny

Jerekson

One Too Many
Not trying to hijack, but does this size issue occur in other Cooper jackets, or specifically the A-2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy