Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Motocowboy

New in Town
Well today is not a good day here! 27" of snow so far and I lost an Idler pully on my bobcat! So here I sit resting in the house and my feet were hurting from having noting on them, put on an older pair of Dan Post boots from the early 1980's.

JgK1BcS.jpg
[/IMG]

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
If its a picture , it has to be on your download file , or on a site . The download thing is the Upload a File thing (Bottom Right) , then choose the file , then when it shows , pick the size , and post . Otherwise the image square above for site copies , and paste the url . That will work , but some photographs downloaded will show upside down if you don't rotate the picture 360 . Who knows why ?

Anyone rockin' Pee Wee's? Sorta thinking about a pair for my next. Got pics?
I love 'em!
a7246f6db5203207e40d487b4d888f1e.jpg

Two pair of custom and two pair vintage. The card ones are from Champion Attitude, the mariposa from Rocketbuster, and the other two are vintage ACME. The black pair is dated 1949. I've posted better pics before, if you've got the patience to scroll back a few dozen pages.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Motocowboy

New in Town
I love 'em!
a7246f6db5203207e40d487b4d888f1e.jpg

Two pair of custom and two pair vintage. The card ones are from Champion Attitude, the mariposa from Rocketbuster, and the other two are vintage ACME. The black pair is dated 1949. I've posted better pics before, if you've got the patience to scroll back a few dozen pages.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nice! I have never had "shorties" only tried ropers once and the heals were to low for me.

Motocowboy

New in Town
So I thought I would provide an update on the Paul Bond Boots ordering issue and not getting a refund. I did decied to have boots built and not wait for the refund to come to me sometime in the future.
Art sent me some leather samples, He mailed them a week ago Saturday March 11th. I did not receive the samples via USPS until today. I decided on Saturday 18th to order on pictures of the samples without seeing the actual samples. As this whole process started in late January I am going to have to wait longer for my boots than is normal but Art who is the manager is working to get me a pair of boots I will be happy with and ones that will fit! Art has been good to deal with and I am very hopeful I will receive a pair of boots I will like and with superior fit!
I ordered the Working Cowboy Boots 16" tall with the French Waxed calf Vamp (foot) in brown. The sample shows it is a dark brown which is fine with me. Art offered me my choice of colors for the top and I picked the blue he provided me. It is called Denim Blue and I have asked to have it paired with a variable stitching that appears to be of the yellow family. As I am used to 2" heals on my normal boots from White's (Packers) and Wilson Boots, Art is going to slightly trim down the heal from the normal 2 1/4" to about 2 1/8". Additionally Art is putting toe bug stitching on the boots too.

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
I popped in to a local western store and they have a small collection of custom boots on display--so I ask if they are for sale--first thing they say is they're a weird size--like an 11B--just my size haha. So I tried them all on, and most were too tight in the toes, but 2 pair of Rocketbusters fit. The owner said he'd consider selling them so he's thinking about it. I'd say they are older maybe from the first generation or a little newer--perhaps 10-15 years old (but in excellent condition) I seem to recall the inlaid Rocketbusters selling new for a few hundred back in those days--but now they are in the $1400-$2000 range for something similar. So after that long story--any idea what a used pair might be worth? I searched Ebay and there are a lot of high asking prices with unsold results. Many of the completed listings are for newer mfg, and in common sizes, which would attract more biddrs. I just want to be prepared in case he throws a price at me (I'm sure he's researching on his end too :). I have some numbers in mind but would love to hear opinions from others more experienced in the game than I.
Thanks!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Odd sizes are hard to dump , and you're a living breathing customer . I have no idea (Bama might) , but I'd consider that they haven't made him anything just sitting there as display ornaments . Figure a fair price , or the max you would cough up , if he goes high : Hold or Fold . Hope you get em cheap .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider