Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Art

colinlyne

New in Town
Just requested Art (Fawcett) to make me a creation. All you seasoned and dedicated Fawcett followers, could you give me a head start with some ideas please. Just awaiting the conformer and then we're off! Ideas gladly welcomed, colour, design, brim size, crown height, ribbon.....anything.

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
Do you have a favorite hat or hats? Could you show pictures? What do you like the most about those hats? These questions should help you figure out what featres you want in your new hat. Also, showing pictures of you in hats will help us give tips on which hat types and styles work with your face.

tortswon

Practically Family
Colinlyne, the best thing about buying a hat from Art is working with him. He will do everything to obtain the best result possible for you. I sent Art some photographs of me hatless so he could get an idea of my face and overall build. From there, he made some suggestions about crown height and brim size.

Have you gotten his color swatches yet? Do not look merely at the colors but feel the felt. There are different weights available and you should take those into account.

There are numerous photos of Art's work on his website and here at the Lounge. Take your time and enjoy the experience. When you see a hat you like, ask the owner questions. It's a great way to get to know some of the members here one on one. I have not found any to be unfriendly. Everyone of whom I have asked a question has answered me. Most of the answers have been correct. :D

You are about to get a wonderful hat from a terrific craftsman. Take full advantage of the experience while doing your research here. Best, Sam

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Start with what you like. What other hats have you seen that you feel drawn to? Art can accomodate, and still make it unique.

Post some pictures of your favorite hats either that you've seen here, or in the movies.

colinlyne

New in Town
Thank you for that advice. That's a real good start. I am currently awaiting the conformer and samples, so even that, at this stage, is exciting. Whilst I am waiting, I will take your advice and "look around", developing some early ideas. I will also get some photographs of myself together, so that he can view these. BTW, how do we get images to view on the Lounge?

Thanks again.

carter

I'll Lock Up
colinlyne said:
Thank you for that advice. That's a real good start. I am currently awaiting the conformer and samples, so even that, at this stage, is exciting. Whilst I am waiting, I will take your advice and "look around", developing some early ideas. I will also get some photographs of myself together, so that he can view these. BTW, how do we get images to view on the Lounge?
Thanks again.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/FAQ.html#photos

Jabos

A-List Customer
For an idea of the scope of Art's work, go through the "Art Fawcett Hall of Fame" thread, almost always on this first page. After looking through you will come away with about a dozen or more hats you just can't live without.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou