1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Crazy !

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by John Lever, Jan 27, 2019.

1. John Lever

John Lever One Too Many

dubpynchon likes this.
  2. dubpynchon

dubpynchon A-List Customer

€4000, mental. They do look good though.

ton312 and John Lever like this.
  3. John Lever

John Lever One Too Many

You could buy 4 Aeros for the same money, two Freewheelers, 3 Eastmans.....

Edward and ton312 like this.
  4. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

5. dubpynchon

dubpynchon A-List Customer

I actually like the look of those. I'd never buy one obviously. Maybe it's the colour I like. It ain't the price.

bn1966 likes this.
  6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

There stuff is really gorgeous. Some things seem reasonable but much of it is a bridge too far for me.

7. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Lunacy! You gotta wonder what the thinking is sticking a price tag like that on it.

Edward likes this.
  8. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]

wild_balls, Sloan1874 and nick123 like this.
  9. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

There was a guy in the Starbucks drive thru line in front of me today, in a Maserati, listening to loud Top 40 hip hop. Seemed like a happy fellow without a care in the world. He'd buy it.

10. Davy Crockett

Davy Crockett A-List Customer

Give me an Eastman S.F.A.D. + change any day!

D

11. CBI

CBI One Too Many

no repro is worth this price...period

wild_balls likes this.
  12. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Maybe someone from the company was at the auction when Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' jacket achieved $1.8 million, and thought: "You know, there's a market for expensive jackets."

Edward, ton312 and Sloan1874 like this.
  13. bobm

bobm A-List Customer

Ridiculous - a fool and his money ares soon parted comes to mind.

14. Big J

Big J Call Me a Cab

I'm not really sure anyone should be surprised by this. Hasn't anyone noticed the way this 'hobby' has been going for the last few years?
    I remember when I joined TFL, people talked about LW like they were starship money. Seems quite quaint now.
    Clearly this shop is just charging what the market will tolerate. This is (so I've been told over and over) natural, and if you can't afford it, that's your problem (or rather, mine).
    This jacket is no more expensive than, say, 2 Freewheelers jackets, and people don't seem to have a problem with that.
    I'm pretty sure there are members like me with racks and racks of 500, 600, 700 $ jackets. Instead of twenty of those, they could have 15 and this jacket in the OP; it's no less preposterous.
    There are people who pay half that for a GW plus a 4 year wait. There must be plenty out there who would pay 3,500 for a GW if it could be delivered in 4 weeks.
    'We' share as much responsibility for stupid pricing as much as anyone else; gushing over Shinki and 'made in Japan' like there's some magic ingredient, buying more jackets than ww can reasonably wear, blogging and talking about it on the internet, and creating the demand.
    Again, go back 8 years even, and read TFL comments where people are saying 'I could but three Aero's/Eastman's for the price of that LW'.
    This is the new normal. Get your credit cards out.

15. Raven2k360

Raven2k360 New in Town

I'll have what they're smoking... :cool:

The-Big-Lebowski-hp-GQ-25Feb16_rex_b.jpg

jonbuilder likes this.
  16. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

The retail price in yen is 378,000 which translates to 2,622 gbp at today’s exchange rate....

Import charges plus VAT should total at around 22.5% in uk. A rough calculation means that a person importing from Japan would pay around £3,260. You see what they are doing there? They are putting a mark-up over a price which is already meant for the final Japanese customer...

To be honest this seems what most Japanese clothing resellers in this niche market do. I think Japanese aren’t really selling to foreign shops at much lower prices than what the items retail from in Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red devil likes this.
  17. red devil

red devil One Too Many

18. red devil

red devil One Too Many

We were thinking of the same thing :)
    Keep in mind that as a tourist you would be paying a bit less than ¥ 378,000, since you would get the VAT back form the Japanese retail price.

Mich486 likes this.
  19. red devil

red devil One Too Many

I wonder if the UK shop is profitable at these rates

20. Chris7273

Chris7273 Familiar Face

That's a lot of money, sure... As long as the buyer is happy, what's the problem ? :)