Custom order from Bates

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by regius, Feb 11, 2019.

1. regius

regius One Too Many

2. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Chr... T2 is $2745 now!? I should've just ordered one a year ago when it was $1000-something. It's 2x T1 / Highwayman price, though! Why???

ton312 likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Why would you be scared to call? Their IG shows lots of seats and boots but not too many (new) jackets. I’d be curious too but I seem to recall you were disappointed with the leather they use?

4. regius

regius One Too Many

I’m scared, truly, of the way the Bates lady converse with customers/me. Instead of just answering like a normal person about lead tome or leather or whatever, she has this super casual, nonchalant, answer with a question, semi-judgmental, semi-interrogation tone..., I’m like, what’s so hard to tell me the current lead time, instead of questioning “why I need so many jackets”? On pricing of alternative leather, it’s like “well, you know the price, hehehe, you know what you are doing, why ask me?”. WTH??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. regius

regius One Too Many

Just called, Dawn picked up. Dana is busy sewing. Dawn is always nice to talk to. It went well, I’m gonna send an email & request samples.

6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Please post them! I’d like to see what they are working with!

dannyk likes this.
  7. regius

regius One Too Many

[​IMG][​IMG] so, this is a custom T2 from two years ago. The leather is a German chrome tanned cowhide, it’s like the Vanson comp weight but much much softer, nicer than their Forenzi weight. Bates said this is what they use on competition suits (really??), but the tanner no longer has it anymore & now they are using something else. So let’s wait & see. I wanted something stiff but they keep saying they don’t have any.

sweetfights and ton312 like this.
  8. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Yeah I don't really like the looks of that hide at all TBH...

TREEMAN and dannyk like this.
  9. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

The idea of someone who is looking to buy a leather jacket as worn by the Terminator being afraid of talking to customer service to place the order is unintentionally hilarious.

Put on your best Austrian accent, call them, and just say: "I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle." Call naked if it helps get you into character. You can negotiate down to drop the boots and motorcycle.

And if they cop an attitude with you, just tell them "Hasta la vista, baby."

10. JMax

JMax One Too Many

No bueno. I too am interested in seeing what they currently offer. Tks.

11. regius

regius One Too Many

The Anti-Terminator: sneaks into a bar covering his crotch, hunched over, approaches a biker from the side, “excise me? Sorry sir, excuse me...”, biker ignores the anti-Terminator. Anti-Terminator scans around the room looking for a jacket that’s not on someone’s back, sees one, & went to grab it, but stopped by the owner, & ran out the bar still naked...

12. regius

regius One Too Many

Update: no update. No reply, as expected. I think I’m permanently banned by them
    Not surprising actually, anyone who buys a Terminator jacket should expect it be their final jacket before either getting blown up & crushed or melted. The Terminal jacket

El Marro, Guppy, sweetfights and 3 others like this.
  13. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

LOL...so they won't be sending a samples?

Lebowski likes this.
  14. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

You forgot Terminator's famous phrases "I'll be back" and "Nice to meet you"))
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    sweetfights likes this.
  15. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    sweetfights likes this.