Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom order from Bates

Chr... T2 is $2745 now!? I should've just ordered one a year ago when it was $1000-something. It's 2x T1 / Highwayman price, though! Why???

Why would you be scared to call? Their IG shows lots of seats and boots but not too many (new) jackets. I’d be curious too but I seem to recall you were disappointed with the leather they use?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m scared, truly, of the way the Bates lady converse with customers/me. Instead of just answering like a normal person about lead tome or leather or whatever, she has this super casual, nonchalant, answer with a question, semi-judgmental, semi-interrogation tone..., I’m like, what’s so hard to tell me the current lead time, instead of questioning “why I need so many jackets”? On pricing of alternative leather, it’s like “well, you know the price, hehehe, you know what you are doing, why ask me?”. WTH??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just called, Dawn picked up. Dana is busy sewing. Dawn is always nice to talk to. It went well, I’m gonna send an email & request samples.

Please post them! I’d like to see what they are working with!

regius

dccb77c4c8c356cf563949c7e6697a86.jpg
c24c3a135a74dc11b466859229d00684.jpg
so, this is a custom T2 from two years ago. The leather is a German chrome tanned cowhide, it’s like the Vanson comp weight but much much softer, nicer than their Forenzi weight. Bates said this is what they use on competition suits (really??), but the tanner no longer has it anymore & now they are using something else. So let’s wait & see. I wanted something stiff but they keep saying they don’t have any.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
https://www.batesleathers.com/highwayman-i-ii

Anyone called them recently, ordered anything? I just want to know how their tone and customer service is on the phone these days. I'm scared to call...
The idea of someone who is looking to buy a leather jacket as worn by the Terminator being afraid of talking to customer service to place the order is unintentionally hilarious.

Put on your best Austrian accent, call them, and just say: "I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle." Call naked if it helps get you into character. You can negotiate down to drop the boots and motorcycle.

And if they cop an attitude with you, just tell them "Hasta la vista, baby."

regius

The idea of someone who is looking to buy a leather jacket as worn by the Terminator being afraid of talking to customer service to place the order is unintentionally hilarious.

Put on your best Austrian accent, call them, and just say: "I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle." Call naked if it helps get you into character. You can negotiate down to drop the boots and motorcycle.

The Anti-Terminator: sneaks into a bar covering his crotch, hunched over, approaches a biker from the side, “excise me? Sorry sir, excuse me...”, biker ignores the anti-Terminator. Anti-Terminator scans around the room looking for a jacket that’s not on someone’s back, sees one, & went to grab it, but stopped by the owner, & ran out the bar still naked...

regius

Update: no update. No reply, as expected. I think I’m permanently banned by them
Not surprising actually, anyone who buys a Terminator jacket should expect it be their final jacket before either getting blown up & crushed or melted. The Terminal jacket

Update: no update. No reply, as expected. I think I’m permanently banned by them
Not surprising actually, anyone who buys a Terminator jacket should expect it be their final jacket before either getting blown up & crushed or melted. The Terminal jacket

LOL...so they won't be sending a samples?

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.

You forgot Terminator's famous phrases "I'll be back" and "Nice to meet you"))
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
https://www.batesleathers.com/highwayman-i-ii

Anyone called them recently, ordered anything? I just want to know how their tone and customer service is on the phone these days. I'm scared to call...
I spoke with the owner of Bates on the phone some months back, and she couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. In fact, her and I talked on the phone for roughly forty minutes about things that had nothing to do with leather jackets. My next order will definitely be from them.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

You should tell them "i might look and sound similar but not the same unit"

Aloysius

I spoke with the owner of Bates on the phone some months back, and she couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. In fact, her and I talked on the phone for roughly forty minutes about things that had nothing to do with leather jackets. My next order will definitely be from them.

In fairness, Regius’s experience was three years ago so staff might have changed (and in any case he wasn’t our through to the owner).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21