Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darcy's or Old Town Clothing? What are your experiences?

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
details in the tweeds
DSC01557.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01555.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the pics. They give a very good impression of the trousers. Does anybody have the trousers from Darcy's and can upload some similar shots (especially a side shot) to allow for a comparison?

Pinesiw, are the suspenders from Darcy's?

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Yes, I dont have much experience with other braces but these seem to be quite good. I also have had the workmans braces much longer and put them more abuse and they still look great.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
If anybody gets a pair of highrise OT in linen post a pic, im thinking of getting a pair.
Rudie if you get a pair in corduroy what color were you thinking?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Pinesiw, I am about to pull the trigger on a pair of the High Rise Trousers. Does the length run true to size?

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Rudie, i recently bought my first pair of high-rise trousers from Old Town.
i asked for a 33" inside leg and that's exactly how long they are. the standard length (unless specified otherwise) is 32", but i'm presuming you'll need longer.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, hbk. I always find it difficult to choose the correct length. I have several trousers that fit me perfectly, but they all have different inseams, because on some the crotch is lower than on others.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Rudie, i went for grey stout twill.

i like them. they are what they are... a simply constructed 'work' trouser. i think that even if you get them in tweed they will still look like a 'work' trouser rather than a 'suit' trouser because of the flat-felled seams.
i ordered mine an inch and a half longer than my actual leg to try a turn-up but decided against it and hemmed them myself anyway with a plain bottom. because of the extra bulk created by flat-felled seams i find that regular turns ups don't work very well, and they look better without (but that might just be me). however, you could do a simple jeans-style turn up like this:

http://old-town.co.uk/product_photos/highrise1.jpg

also, waist has an inch of ease. so a 30" waist measures 31".

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Work trousers are what I am looking for. I think I'd go with corduroy, first. Thanks for the info regarding the waist. I have a 33" waist and was thinking about ordering a 34", but it seems a 32" would be better.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Very nice.

Oh boy, all those paper patterns in the background. I envy your tailoring skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana