Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dear new neighbor

HepKitty

One Too Many
lol now they're using my trash can, which I pay for. trashy people have trashy habits I guess [huh] add this to my letter of complaint

but OMG today the aunt came out to yell at me again and I yelled right back, she said to talk to her don’t call the cops I said you’re showing me that I can’t talk to you. the niece came out and started dropping the f bomb again I said congratulations you're proving me right there is no talking to you. the aunt calmed down after that and apologized for the dog (hers). I told her that I just want my property to be respected. if you need something just ask, I may not always be able to accommodate but ask first anyway. I'm still writing a letter of complaint with photos but will note the aunt is trying now. who knows about the niece. I don't like drama and I hate confrontation but I'm flat sick of being abused and will not stand for it anymore

Derek that sucks. I think I would have called the cops ages ago, but then I have kids and don't want that sort of thing around them. just an anonymous call... of course the manager doesn't care as long as they pay their rent and don't destroy the property :rolleyes:

HepKitty

One Too Many
too much coffee said:
Perhaps progress is being made? Maybe the aunt does have some manners and decency afterall!

I hope so. I don't think she liked it when I pointed out that yelling at me only proves that the police should deal with her not me lol

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Here's the problem: when you're too passive/nice, people like this think they can do whatever they want and if you don't report them to keep the peace (or minimize your chances of getting your car or home vandalized,) then there's absolutely no incentive for them to move.

After our neighborhood dirtbags were evicted, everyone in the neighborhood came up to me and said, "Why didn't you call the police long ago?" (which I did, multiple times) but then in the same breath they would say they didn't call the police or report them in any way because they were scared of what they might do in retaliation!

So I say, make it as uncomfortable for them to stay as possible. People like this don't give a hoot about your property/rights/privacy. Keep up the good work with the photos, documentation and yelling. lol

HepKitty

One Too Many
yes, last thursday and last night... an update on the score authorities: 2 bad neighbors: 0 and if you want to count me in: 3

the trash couch is gone too now, yaaayyy!!!

though I'm going to watch the friend's uncollared/unleashed dog like a hawk though...

HHISIII said:
An unrelated party sending you a letter does not qualify as first hand knowledge here. While the PD would have to reasonably act upon the letter (Though, they most likely would not), there is no obligation on the landlord's part to act in that instance.

It worked for me and that was a while ago. I Imagine that during these cash strapped times, the chance to seize assets just might put a bit of fire under them. They react around here. [huh] ;)

Quite--beyond updates telling of complaints to neighbors or authorities or blowing off steam, HK, your involvement in this thread should be read only.

Thou shalt neither trust nor confide in anyone! If you do, that person could eventually betray you. Even if it is a relative or spouse, don't tell anybody what you are up to. Implicated accomplices are OK.
--George Hayduke's First Commandment of Revenge

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Quite--beyond updates telling of complaints to neighbors or authorities or blowing off steam, HK, your involvement in this thread should be read only.

Thou shalt neither trust nor confide in anyone! If you do, that person could eventually betray you. Even if it is a relative or spouse, don't tell anybody what you are up to. Implicated accomplices are OK.

read only... and giggle a bit. ok a lot. but I'm not interested in anything that could get ME into trouble, I have 2 kids who would be affected too and that's not cool

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:

I prefer Rule 4 Myself: Rule #4: The best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself. Second best? Tell one other person - if you must. There is no third best.

HepKitty

One Too Many
help I'm confused

fence, if I owned the property yes I would

lol today I got a hand-written note, in loopy girly writing complete w/ poor grammar, somethign about "thank you" for who knows what this is the unintelligible part and "patience is a virtue"

patience? what need have I of patience in kicking people and pets off my property when they didn't have the decency to ask in the first place?

The game is called "Guilt Trip"--this is a straight-up manipulation ploy to try to make you feel guilty over giving them pushback.

It's also a sign that you're getting to them... you don't take fire if you're not getting results on the field. Bravo Zulu--well done! Now, just hang in there... I can easily see this one evolving into a contest of wills.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
The game is called "Guilt Trip"--this is a straight-up manipulation ploy to try to make you feel guilty over giving them pushback.

It's also a sign that you're getting to them... you don't take fire if you're not getting results on the field. Bravo Zulu--well done! Now, just hang in there... I can easily see this one evolving into a contest of wills.

oh they had one of their male visitors chat me up about the karate uniform I was wearing (had tkd class I just don't want to buy another uniform if I don't have to) and I saw the note, I asked if he could read the writing, and drove off w/ him still holding the note and some of the older girls watching out the window. came back later and had to leave again but noticed the younger girls had left toys in my yard so I took them over and they were so excited that I had brought them back and yelled "thank you neighbor!" why torture the kids just because their parents/aunties are stupid? it's not their fault

guilt trips don't work with me unless I actually did screw up. and I didn't

bravo zulu?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails