Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Kirk H.

One Too Many
My favorite scene of his comes from "Mrs. Henderson Presents." The look on his face when Judi Dench catches him with his pants down and says "Why, Mr. Van Damm, you really *are* Jewish!" never failed to bring down the house.

That is a great scene. A great actor who will be missed. I also liked him in Lasiter playing the Scottland Yard Detective.

Al Feldstein, editor of Mad Magazine from 1955 to 1984, dead at 88.

Al-Feldstein-post.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Jazz vocalist/actor Herb Jeffries has died at the age of 100. A performer with an astonishingly varied career, Jeffries was a smooth Crosbyesque crooner in the thirties, made a series of low-budget African-American-oriented westerns as the singing "Bronze Buckaroo," appeared as a serious jazz singer with Duke Ellington's band, and was still performing in cabarets as recently as the 2000s.

I was just posting about him when I realized you beat me too it. His biggest hit was "Flamenco" which he recorded with Ellington and Strahorn.

Worf

LarryK

New in Town
Rest in Peace mio fratello- what a wonderful 35 years we had- You've been gone three months and you will stay in my heart every day...
See you on the other side- have a drink ready for me

Michele Savoia, the Myth, the Legend, the Tailor, my Pally

standard.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy