Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Hat Stretchers Affect Block Shape?

Castor Dioscuri

New in Town
Just a general question, but I always wondered if using a hat stretcher would affect the block shape of the fedora? To be more precise, let's say that you had a fedora built on a certain blockshape. Would using a stretcher change the structure of the fedora, so that it no longer has that block shape? By the same token, if you had a fedora built from a conformer/conformateur (sp?), would using a stretcher destroy that 'custom' fit?

Also, another thing I wonder about was whether storing a fedora in a hat box will affect the shape of the fedora as well? Seems to me that storing it in one of those hat box 'circles' will make the fedora more rounded, even if it was meant to be a long oval to begin with...

Just something I always wanted to know...

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
... dunno the answer, I suspect you are correct though. I just wanted to welcome ya' aboard.
And I must ask, is your name meant to mean "Beaver, youth of Zeus"?
Very clever.
lol

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Viper Man said:
:eek:fftopic: Rick! You are one post away from 1000. Congrats!

:eek:fftopic: ... get this milestone behind me. One more testament to my misspent middle age, thanks Viper. >sigh< you know you are getting older when your best friend is dating someone half his age, and isn't breaking any laws... :eusa_doh:

Castor Dioscuri

New in Town
Rick Blaine said:
... dunno the answer, I suspect you are correct though. I just wanted to welcome ya' aboard.
And I must ask, is your name meant to mean "Beaver, youth of Zeus"?
Very clever.
lol

Thanks for the welcome, Rick! I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner