Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a nickname?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
My first name is Melissa but my brothers, my dad, and my grandfather have always called me "Lis" or "Lissa."

My coworkers at my last job started calling me MoMo. I still don't know where they came up with it, but it's stuck, and since I'm still friends with all of them, they always call me "Mo." :rolleyes:

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Cowboy, just because i want a horse ranch and am not a cowboy otherwise. Hollywood, 'cause i worked at a Hollywood Video store and am a huge huge movie buff. J or Jay, b/c my name is Jason. Chris or C, my middle name is Christopher. Hawkeye, because i watch too much M*A*S*H. and i think that might be it...

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
My name is Mary Elizabeth :D
But I have always been called Betsy. I introduce myself as Betsy in a casual meeting but use Mary Elizabeth professionally.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
In the Air Force...

...nicknames are "call signs." You get them for a variety of reasons -- a notable event, a play on your name, etc.

Mine is "Thurston" as in Thurston Howell III from Gilligan's Island. I got it by being the budget guy, dressing up, and -- at one point -- driving a big dark car with white sidewall tires.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Not officially, but complete strangers call me Scarlett - alot (that's how I chose my name here) and I get called "Tuffy" by just about everyone I talk to when I'm at hockey games.

jayem

A-List Customer
Pumpkin or Baby Ghoul (sounds like 'girl') due to my Halloween birthday.
JM, Jayem, Jew or Ette to friends (my real name is Juliette).
Oh, and my dad used to call me Jooj or Jooji.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
I have a few, I seem to collect them.

There's the obvious ones of Kat, Kitty, Kitty Lou, Kitten and Kat Lady (that one is one of my closest friends nicknames for me). And another friend occasionally gets me to answer to Miaow.

I occasionally get called Kitsch by people that know me through the internet.

Or Storm by people I went to school with (there were two Kat's in my class so I started to use the name my mum was going to give me)

And the family nicknames are -
Midget by my brother (he answers to Brat)
Bod by my aunt
and Button Nose or Princess by my dad lol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
jayem said:
Baby Ghoul (sounds like 'girl') due to my Halloween birthday.
That is the sweetest nickname ever.
My full name is Tamaron but I never use it. My cousins call me Doo Ron.
My other nickname is Um Jammer Tammi (there used to be a video game called Um Jammer Lamby) She was a rockstar lamb. I mived to LA a few tyears ago to pursue a singing career so my sister gave me that nickname. My nephew calls me Hanni Mon Tammi because I like the TV show Hanna Montana. I should have kept that a secret though.
My name on another form was Lull so I got the nicknames Tamilull and Lullith.
My brother-in-law calls me Tamster.

Like I sad before, they are all goofy.

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
I've been stuck with the nickname Bambi which is usually because of my big eyes but I've been told its also because I've been a little wobbly on my feet (embarassingly I've also been christened with the nickname boobie by a couple of friends as an injoke)

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Let's see

My name is Erin
My grandfather's name is Aaron

I was "Lil a", my grandfather was Big A
My sister started calling me Elf because of my full name.

I chose to keep Elf as my main stay.

D

DeaconKC

The Latin kids at a place I used to work tagged me with "Oso Grande" , found out it meant big bear........

Matthew Verge

New in Town
I have been called Matty (obvious), Red (because of my hair), Skeeter (I have no clue, and I'm glad it's dead), and I am usually just called Verge.

At sea, I am usually referred to as, "Observer", "Hey you", or "Young feller." I prefer the last one.

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
Mostly "Petey Peterson", a derivitive of my given name. At work, I have been called the "PodFather"..("pods" are inmate housing units at my institution).

My ex-wife may have a few choice nicknames as well....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy