Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you have a vintage partner? Show us your mate

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
When is the seven day Noir City festival? Is it anual? I tried looking it up. No luck.

Hi Thunderbolt. The Seattle Noir City Festival is in February, this year it started on February 19. It's newish, but annual so far. The houses get bigger every year, which makes us very happy. Noir City is sponsored in part by SIFF (seattle international film festival) and the movies are shown at their Queen Anne theater. Hope that helps! You're welcome to PM me...I think I have enough posts for PM-ability. If not, you can PM my partner in crime, Mahagonny Bill. ;)

clubwitsend

Practically Family
4128497640_74d12a9424.jpg

Here I am with my guy, Don, at an event with a nautical theme...

3305185993_ded1579fd0.jpg

New Years 2009

4236466242_f9736f6951.jpg

He went white tie this New Years....(I added the tiara) ha!

Warden

One Too Many
Posted this before, but here is my wife Edna cooking a pigs trotter for me

Harry

Edna-wartime-kitchen-small.jpg

December

One of the Regulars
My fiance is about as 21st century as they come. His computer obsession rivals mine of vintage. He is, however, the spitting image of John Lennon!

He humours me and doesn't ever grumble when I buy another something that I just couldn't resist. Although he doesn't show a particular favourable opinion of my lifestyle (he was gutted when I cut 20 inches of hair to get a style more in keeping with my 50s style), he doesn't disapprove either. It's just a part of me.

Luckily, he's happy with just about anything so long as he has his computers and a space to play with them. So I have free reign of any furniture/ decoration/ accessories in our flat.

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
December said:
My fiance is about as 21st century as they come. His computer obsession rivals mine of vintage. He is, however, the spitting image of John Lennon!

He humours me and doesn't ever grumble when I buy another something that I just couldn't resist. Although he doesn't show a particular favourable opinion of my lifestyle (he was gutted when I cut 20 inches of hair to get a style more in keeping with my 50s style), he doesn't disapprove either. It's just a part of me.

Luckily, he's happy with just about anything so long as he has his computers and a space to play with them. So I have free reign of any furniture/ decoration/ accessories in our flat.

Oh do show! Which era of lennon is it?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
bump.

Here is my sweetheart and I from last night, at a historical dance. We do often have people tell us we look cute together, which I find quite amusing considering that I'm 54-1/2 yo and he's almost 57.

He has a house from 1941, and we often go to vintage themed events. He's fairly new to vintage clothing, but loves the old standard songs, and old movies. We dance together, we are Fred and Ginger! We do get dolled up and hit the town:)

But does anyone out there have a perfect vintage partner? Or perhaps a perfect classic dress partner? Do you share a vintage home? Do you live a vintage lifestyle? or do you just like to get dolled up and hit the town. Do people think you are just too cute together?

Pics are especially appreciated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner