Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you use a specific setting pattern? If so, where did you find it?

itsalovelyday

New in Town
Hello all!

I've been scouring the Internet for a few weeks and have come up with surprisingly few results. Most of what I found were vintage beauty magazine scans. For about a year or two now I've just been setting my hair in pincurls any-which-way I felt like, and it always managed to turn out pretty cute. I was tired of the look so that's when my search began.

So, did you develop your setting pattern yourself, find it somewhere, a combination? I want all the details, please! :)

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Welcome itsalovelyday!

You've probably searched through this thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?56507-The-Hair-Tutorials-thread

As for myself, I still an amateur at setting my hair, so for the first few tries, I read the instructions from the various threads/tutorials or for a specific look in Lynn Rennell's Vintage Hairstyles, which is my main inspiration. Also, I ask my stylist to do it so I can see what she does. She usually gives me tips and tricks as she works.

I nearly always do a wet set but I follow the same pattern when I use a curling iron. I am currently pin curling the front with foam rollers at the back. I split my hair into thirds vertically then work off base curls down from the crown of my head.

The best thing to do is experiment and figure out what works for you.

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
iv been trying to find some authentic pincurl set pattern with no luck hahahaha but i did find a wonderful tutorial and i love all of her tutorials, but this one is my everyday hairstyles, and its awesome because i can have one look one day and another one the next day (its a 2 hair-do in one tutorial) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWa9Yz0nJY&feature=plcp

this is the only set pattern i know, besides this one i make up my own with great success :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo