Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does wearing vintage Get you noticed by the opposite sex?

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
May I suggest the following..... 1. Quit whining. The pics I'm seeing on fedora lounge are of exceptionally attractive people. 2. Say hello to anyone who interests you. 3.Understand that looking as good as you do can be intimidating to others, especially if they are fascinated by your looks. 4. Accept the fact that dressing well in clean, stylish, properly fitting clothes puts you in a different place than most people. 5. Know for yourself that you look great, and smile and be very happy that you do. 6. Say hello to anyone that interests you, and talk to them. 7. 99% of compliments are sincere, enjoy them. 8. Accept the fact that attraction is a 2 way street and do your part. 9. If you're female, on the list, and in Washington, DC. for any reason, contact me. 10. Wear cool glasses and work hard. Today will be the day you meet somebody nice, and they may be more shy than even you are.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
dogrocketp said:
May I suggest the following.....
9. If you're female, on the list, and in Washington, DC. for any reason, contact me
Today will be the day you meet somebody nice, and they may be more shy than even you are.

Very sneaky, but well played.

dogrocketp said:
May I suggest the following..... 1. Quit whining. The pics I'm seeing on fedora lounge are of exceptionally attractive people. 2. Say hello to anyone who interests you. 3.Understand that looking as good as you do can be intimidating to others, especially if they are fascinated by your looks. 4. Accept the fact that dressing well in clean, stylish, properly fitting clothes puts you in a different place than most people. 5. Know for yourself that you look great, and smile and be very happy that you do. 6. Say hello to anyone that interests you, and talk to them. 7. 99% of compliments are sincere, enjoy them. 8. Accept the fact that attraction is a 2 way street and do your part. 9. If you're female, on the list, and in Washington, DC. for any reason, contact me. 10. Wear cool glasses and work hard. Today will be the day you meet somebody nice, and they may be more shy than even you are.

Now that is the way you post in a thread! Hats off to you, dogrocketp.

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
#9 Was a bit sneaky, and my attempt at humor. I find that most people are fascinated by good vintage on others. Today was a Linen Glen Plaid DB suit, White tab collar shirt, and vintage linen necktie. The hat was a 40's style straw fedora. There was some female headsnapping. One woman followed me for most of a block, I said hello and kept going. I will not talk to women in muffin pants. It skeeves me out!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
Is it gender specific?

I guess not, but I have generally heard it, along with the more common "muffin top," which would refer to the spillage, in case anyone was wondering, referring to women. With men one just revers to a gut, in my experience.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Derek WC said:
:eek:fftopic:
Muffin pants?

In order to thoroughly answer your question I need to warn you first.
Don't look at the attached image below unless you're willing to have your eyes professionally bleached after usage.

---+---

Last warning!
The following image holds rather graphic and potentially obtrusive content.
Do not cross this line if you're not convinced that you're really willing to do so.

---+---

Well, here ya go:

The label may say 'Muffin Top' but if you look closely (beware!) it's all there, pants, top and all...
muffin-top-taking-things-to-a-whole-new-level-demotivational-poster.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic