Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dont flame me- Long Suits, 5+ buttons, and Zoot suits... any interest here, or where?

mt_spiffy

Vendor
As per my other thread, I'm cleaning out my closet, as it is extremely overfull. I am attempting to liquidate anything I can no longer fit, and/or anything I no longer have any desire to!

I went through what I call my "COGIC" phase where I wore long, Steve Harvey-ish suits, the more buttons the better. Yes, I know. Now they are taking up space in my closet, most are too small (40L) and some are too flashy to wear on other than special occasions. I have still kept my favorites, that I can still fit, but I'm hoping to be done with the rest.

I'm sure this isnt the right forum for these type of suits, but I havent been able to find anywhere else on the web. Can someone possibly direct me to an appropriate site? When I measured the vintage suits I also measured these, so I have all the details. I'm hoping to get $50 each as they have been worn once, twice, or not at all. Some are three piece.

I am including pictures:

blue7button.jpg

chocolate.jpg

gold.jpg

teal.jpg

yellow3piece.jpg

brown3piece.jpg

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, count me in!...

I actually have a suit (2 pc.) similar to your yellow 3 pc.! I am quite the fan of longer length coats (it's a throwback to the Beatles 'Abbey Road' LP cover and the back cover of 'Beatles Again'. George and Ringo each sported those Edwardian cuts in the late 60's early
70's and, impressionable young I, was quite taken by the look. There is a great photo of John Lennon at his first art gallery opening wearing a white version which is the suit similar to my own.

Whtcoat2.jpg
fn01.jpg

d1a3a2e3.jpg
RingoGeorgeCoat.jpg

Also, I attempted to buy the 'Abbey Road' jacket offered by R.W. Lease (http://www.beatlesuits.com/) but found it ill-fitting, over-priced, and un-servicable. It was promptly returned.

-dixon cannon

mt_spiffy

Vendor
Would either of you like to buy the jackets you mention, or any of them? I forget if I mentioned it above, but I'm asking $50ea + shipping, since they're basically brand new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou