Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Durable cotton t-shirts to pair with leather jackets

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@Superfluous, well, as I said at the start of my last post, I wasn't replying to anyone in particular, just throwing out some thoughts, so please don't imagine that we are miscommunicating. I think you can rest assured that I'd address any issues I had with any of your post directly by name, rather than posting a Trigger Warning and then going all passive-aggressive.

I was indeed only discussing white t-shirts. Haven't worn colored T's with jeans since I was a teenager. It's just coz white T's and blue jeans is a classic casual look. If I don't want to look casual, I wear pants and a shirt.

Thank you though for posting photos. This kind of thing is interesting.
I wonder if anyone knows what brand of white T Jimmy Dean wore in Rebel? Everyone only seems to care about the windbreaker.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
do you guys really wear short sleeve Ts under your jacket? with lined jacket I much prefer long sleeve underneath long sleeve jumper/ knit/ tshirt material and or long sleeved shirt or now (lol) denim jacket under my leather jacket.

with simple unlined denim jacket I wear over short sleeve Tee (sometime) but denim jacket is much more washable while lined jacket, blazer, or coat I'm afraid oil from my skin will get deposited and accumulated overtime on the sleeve liner and also I hate how short sleeve would ride up under the jacket and crumpled on the shoulder as I slide my arm in.

As I said, life is too short to worry about arm oil. I don't ride so maybe I am missing something. Long sleeves almost always ride up and get caught in jacket sleeves. Never when wearing a T. Perhaps our different experiences require no further elaboration.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The bottom line with a t shirt depends on what you’ve got underneath it. Cost/quality really doesn’t matter against that imho.
this, athletic people look good any tshirt ... while whatever short sleeve tees make me look like sick malnourished plague survivor especially on the arm, not even a poloshirt with some ribbing around the sleeve end could save it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
As I said, life is too short to worry about arm oil. I don't ride so maybe I am missing something. Long sleeves almost always ride up and get caught in jacket sleeves. Never when wearing a T. Perhaps our different experiences require no further elaboration.
HMVV7oN.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
5Kv4LHC.jpg

this is an oldfashion mopping cloth at the time when people (or their servant) mop their floor by hand on their knees crawling backward priced around $1 here, it has a lot of character, slubbiness irregularity and all, probably unsanforized too, sold as dry raw, and obviously hard wearing, if this is milled in japan and then sold as a scarf or made into a hat or some kind of a bag, I bet it would be priced around $300 - 400. people would say it is good quality strong material mid century style... it is:)

zebedee

One Too Many
Does anyone own a more expensive, ultra-durable, potentially post-posthumous high quality indestructible item and then own a secondary item, less well-constructed but still fairly expensive that they use for chores out of fear that the pricier item will get damaged?

You know, has anyone got several Aeros, LWs, whatever and also a Carhartt that they expose to danger or damage?

Asking for a friend. It's not as if I'd wear a Hanes out and also own a few Primark t-shirts out of some baseless (even slightly unmanly) preciousness.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone own a more expensive, ultra-durable, potentially post-posthumous high quality indestructible item and then own a secondary item, less well-constructed but still fairly expensive that they use for chores out of fear that the pricier item will get damaged?

You know, has anyone got several Aeros, LWs, whatever and also a Carhartt that they expose to danger or damage?

Asking for a friend. It's not as if I'd wear a Hanes out and also own a few Primark t-shirts out of some baseless (even slightly unmanly) preciousness.

Of course - I thought we all did that.

Rich22

Practically Family
15 years ago I had a wardrobe full of white t-shirts... now I tend to prefer colours. Dark blue frequently, sometimes black, but I have a variety of maroons and pinks too, and a few patterns. I like a mixture of collar types as well. And I like 100% cotton, even when it gets stupidly hot.

Rich22

Practically Family
And yes, I baby new t-shirts and the priciest t-shirts I have, especially if they're light colours. Older dark t-shirts take the brunt of any potentially damaging wear.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I tend to wear my black t-shirts in winter - under a black v-neck sweater. In the sun I almost always wear a thick, long sleeve shirt.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
For those that do have Costco T shirts, how do they fit?

For reference, I tend to like my t shirts to have a 40" chest circumference. Which of their sizes measure closest to this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko