Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I wouldn't bother acquiring a Stratoliner box for the hat if you intend to sell it. My .02 cents.
+1.... If I was collecting for personal use, a box would have value but not to package together & resale. Not worth the added trouble....
I have 2 boxes, 1 full with the guts & 1 without...I'm working to fab the innards so I can have a box for my other Strat.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Tom; Very classy lid. They DO NOT make them like that anymore. Wear the hat proudly.

Eric -

Thanks, Eric!

I've had the hat box for a while, been looking for a hat to fill it. :D They don't seem to come available very often.

I'm currently wearing a 7 3/8, but I maintain hope that some day I'll be able to wear my 7 1/4 hats again. :eusa_doh:I'm hoping this one is a little large.

Cheers,
Tom

barrowjh

One Too Many
Olive Green Stratoliner

I won this on 7/13/12 for $87 plus $7.50 shipg, a bit derelict in getting it posted up.
Picture128.jpg

Picture129.jpg

Picture130.jpg

Picture131.jpg

I like it, am still looking forward to working with Winchester's light green felt at Buckaroo Hatters to make a nice new hat. While I wait, and wait, this is some fair consolation.

Landman

One Too Many
+1.... If I was collecting for personal use, a box would have value but not to package together & resale. Not worth the added trouble....
I have 2 boxes, 1 full with the guts & 1 without...I'm working to fab the innards so I can have a box for my other Strat.

I'm like you in that I have two Stratoliner boxes, one with guts and one without. They are cool looking boxes but aren't really very good for storing a hat. Because of the odd shape of the box the hat brim can't be laid out flat, at least it can't with my Strats that have a 2 3/4" brim.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Panama

Got this vintage Optimo Panama this a.m. Sports a wpi of about 500.

optimo1.jpg
optimo2.jpg

optimo3.jpg
optimo4.jpg

Looks lovely, the lady insists that (after consult with our own Panama Bob) that it is NOT a Monti but a Cuenca, falsely stamped... could've fooled me. [huh]

Landman

One Too Many
That is a feature of the box that I use for storing my Strats, one is 2 5/8" & the other 2 3/4" brims.

I'm not sure I understand you. Are you saying that you use the Stratoliner boxes because of that feature? If so, maybe I'm putting mine in there wrong because I have to curl the sides of the brim up or down to get it to fit in the Strat box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart