Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Picked up this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111001923900

The seller was sure it was wool felt, based on the moth bites. Could a vintage Dobbs Fifth Avenue be less than fur felt? Anyway, it should make a nice "Fred C. Dobbs" beater, no?
Moths love fur felt--its not wool. Typical 60's and you won't need to baby it.
MV5BMjE2NzcwNTYwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDk4NDI2._V1._SX375_SY450_.jpg

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Moths love fur felt--its not wool. Typical 60's and you won't need to baby it.
MV5BMjE2NzcwNTYwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDk4NDI2._V1._SX375_SY450_.jpg
So I thought -- I've seen and heard about plenty of fur felts with moth nibbles. I liked it because of the 2 1/8 to 2 1/4 brim. Everything in my size on eBay right now seems to have only 2" brims.

T Rick

Practically Family
Anyone else look at this "Royual Stetson Strafoliner"? I snagged it last night on the 'Bay, right at the max price I'd set. I suspect the misspelled title saved me a bundle. And I was very lucky, as the second highest bidder had exactly the same max bid as I did, but my bid fortunately went in one second earlier. Looking forward to the hat's arrival and adding another Strat to the collection/rotation (especially since I've been on the road for work for the last 5 months, and didn't bring a Strat to S. Florida with me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes