Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fashion frank

One Too Many
I JUST DID IT AGAIN !!

Hello everyone , I just did it again , and mostly to prove a point about snipping as I already have two short brimmed grey fedoras .

There was one bidder watching that hat and at the last second I swooped in and "sniped " that hat off the other guy who should have known better that to just put the minimun bid in.

So there it is in real time I did it agin and its a a snap to do it .

All the Best , Fashion Frank

P. S. Im at work right now and this computer wont let me post the ebay link here , but when I get home I will post the link and you will see how in 2 or 3 seconds I "stole" that hat .

Well here it is folks,the hat that started it all.

For $20.00 with s&h included I could snipe hats like this all day .

I already have two similar hats , but I think this will become my "paint the house ' hat ,what the hell at that price who cares!

DSCN1608-Copy_zps3ea70563.jpg

DSCN1610_zps96f4bb2b.jpg

DSCN1612_zps5b9b2624.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Frank, in your size and for that style hat, I'm surprised you need to use a snipe program. Do you encounter any other bidders?

fashion frank

One Too Many
Frank, in your size and for that style hat, I'm surprised you need to use a snipe program. Do you encounter any other bidders?

Hey how's it going today DJH.
Yea this was an easy swipe. only one other bidder on this one and no I have never used a program.

This one was a little more interesting about three or four weeks back ,these two guys had a bidding war
going
and I sniped it from both of them in the last seconds.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STETSON-COWBOY-HAT-Size-3X-Beaver-6-7-8-Never-worn-W-BOX-/130821870641

There was also another one that I wanted to show you that went even higher with a lot of people bidding and I sniped that one as well ,but E bay only stores your data for so long and it's no longer listed in my purchase history.

Hey are you getting ready for that big storm headed our way for Friday ?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

...is that right? Isn't this one of the ones made by Bollman back when they had a N. American license for the name & made 'em in S-M-L-XL?

That's my recollection, anyhow.

I don't think it's a Bollman because of the Antica Casa and Italia markings. Besdor (Steven) or Robert should be able to confirm.

I've shared in previous posts about Ebay shipping disasters a simple message I always put in the note to seller field:

"Many thanks!... in advance for careful packaging and shipping."

Not foolproof, but overall, it has served me well. In today's mail:

fragile.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
Can we see inside ?

I've shared in previous posts about Ebay shipping disasters a simple message I always put in the note to seller field:

"Many thanks!... in advance for careful packaging and shipping."

Not foolproof, but overall, it has served me well. In today's mail:

Alan I am very curious to see what is in those boxes ( hats I hope ) :D

barrowjh

One Too Many
Strats have no beaver content. I value hats by imagining that there is a retail store with new hats (VS, Buckaroo, Optimo, Falcon Park, whatever) and a few 'used' hats, including the ebay hat I am thinking about bidding on. And then I think about where is the price point where I would rather have VS make a new replica (of the hat in question) in Beaver than spend that money for someone else's hat. That price point has never yet come even close to the price of a VS beaver felt hat. Of course, there are some vintage hats that have forever eluded me, have no Stetson 100 in my collection, for instance. For the price they usually fetch (when in great condition), I'd rather buy new.

m0nk

One Too Many
So last many moons ago, I was watching Crocodile Dundee again (been a while) and decided, out of the blue to start looking into the Akubra Down Under. No one sells the black model, so after a week or so of searching, I found one on ebay. I put in an offer of $38 and sure enough, I got me one. And it's in near mint condition to boot:

IMG_20130207_083735_zpsd79ae175.jpg

20130207_201012_zpscf6b98c0.jpg

20130207_201007_zps6adc0b1d.jpg

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Hi... my very first post here, though I've been reading it for a few months - what a great forum!.

I gambled on a 'job lot' of so-called 'vintage' hats on Ebay today, and came away the winner. I'm not sure what I have here, but am hoping there is something worthwhile; and that something worthwhile fits :)

Here is a (short) link to the stash http://tinyurl.com/bkgxhcv

Would be interested to hear what you guys and gals here think... have I blown 58 UK pounds?

I have a couple of cheap wool felt Fedoras currently, so hope there maybe something that will be at least as good, or hopefully better, in this little lot... at the price I thought I can't go too far wrong, but that may not be the case :eusa_doh:

Greetings to all.

Mark.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points