Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That's kind of what he does, it seems. As I recall, splintercellsz recently bought his No.1 from this seller and replaced the replaced ribbon with his own, and now it looks very nice!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Agreed

There seems to be a lot of that going on at the moment. All 7 of the hats he's currently got for sale look to have been chopped, blocked, and badly trimmed.

It's wearing thin.

The lack of disclosure, the 'arf-arsed "reblocks" & the really, profoundly dreadful "ribbon/pin" combos are making me throw up in the back of my mouth, :puke: ...a little.
Enough already.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I got that Diplomat Lefty posted. Since I'm living in Shanghai and my dad is coming to visit in a couple of weeks, I had it shipped to him. He's getting it cleaned and blocked (to fix the "sat-on" bash) and will wear it when he comes.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
That's kind of what he does, it seems. As I recall, splintercellsz recently bought his No.1 from this seller and replaced the replaced ribbon with his own, and now it looks very nice!

Yup, same seller! Like I said when I first got the hat... the bands that are used are just ugly, anmd the No.1 was trimmed (by the seller more than likely). The one thing that is great, is that the sweatbands he uses are not that bad.

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family

fashion frank

One Too Many
I'm having a hard time figuring out if I should buy this hat. The problem is that I'm not sure if it will complement me in the same way it complements this mannequin. As some of you know I tend to purchase 20s cloches and 30s tilties, so this would be a different kind of hat for me but just not sure if it would "be me" once I get it.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/122396335/adorable-vintage-30s-1940s-velvet-i?ref=usr_faveitems

I'm not sure if I'm wild about that whole "tilty" thing ,also without knowing your complexion it would be hard to say.
Personally I would say pass on it.
I hope that somehow helps you.

All the Best Fashion Frank

Feraud

Bartender
I'm having a hard time figuring out if I should buy this hat. The problem is that I'm not sure if it will complement me in the same way it complements this mannequin. As some of you know I tend to purchase 20s cloches and 30s tilties, so this would be a different kind of hat for me but just not sure if it would "be me" once I get it.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/122396335/adorable-vintage-30s-1940s-velvet-i?ref=usr_faveitems
I'd say it depends on your face shape and attitude to pull it off!

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
I'm not sure if I'm wild about that whole "tilty" thing ,also without knowing your complexion it would be hard to say.
Personally I would say pass on it.
I hope that somehow helps you.

All the Best Fashion Frank

Thanks Frank. I am thinking about passing but the hat keeps drawing me back, lol. By the time I make my mind up someone will have probably snatched it up.

Feraud, I feel that my attitude and face shape will go well with it, decisions, decisions, decisions!

fashion frank

One Too Many
Thanks Frank. I am thinking about passing but the hat keeps drawing me back, lol. By the time I make my mind up someone will have probably snatched it up.

Feraud, I feel that my attitude and face shape will go well with it, decisions, decisions, decisions!

Caramel Smoothie , if that hat keeps calling you back,THEN I would say what the heck ,go for it!
I know how tuff it can sometimes be ,but there will always be more hats coming down the pike

All the Best , Fashion frank

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
"mascotte gray fendora,size 5 made in the 30's by bersaline."

I've always wondered where people got the idea that it's a fendora. Fadora is an understandable mistake, but adding an N? The worst though, are where they have the hat in hand, and still can't get the brand name correct. lol

Brad

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
would it be too forgiving to blame auto-correct? :) Bersaline sounds like such a nice old lady, and I'd hate to get too critical right away about her home planet Fendora.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav