Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
I'm always amazed by the hats posted here that I miss.I look on the bay several times a day.

I'm with you, Michael. I have numerous searches running daily (that may need to be modified now that eBay has changed the listing categories somewhat but still seem to be doing the trick) and yet here are hidden jewels popping up out of nowhere.

Regarding the hats vs. spousal unit, well, I run a very fine line with that one. I don't have an office to have things delivered to. Usually I just hope that the shipping timing is such that the boxes arrive while my wife is working out of town. Sometimes, though, it seems that the post office conspires to have them all delivered at once when she's home! That really didn't go over very well when I wasn't working. :eek:

I do buy her hats, and she's not shy about grabbing one of mine to wear when she feels like it. Sunday she grabbed one of my Gus Miller hats as she walked out the door. I don't discourage it too much in the hopes that she'll not say too much when another box arrives. Of course, I'm not allowed to comment when she comes home with yet another purse when she gets her hair cut! :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

Another tactic to get hats passed the spouse is do lots of online shopping. I get stuff for hunting, horses, motorcycles, jeep, truck, tractor, camper, etc. delivered to my front porch all the time. She never knows what is coming in the house!!!

suitedcboy

One Too Many
That last parts of this thread are HILARIOUS!
I thought I was the only hataholic/liar/embellisher....

"this hat, it's not new, I've had and worn it a lot" this really means---> I got it shipped to office and I have worn it a lot and took it off down the road and put it over in the back seat 1/4 mile from the house.

"I got it off Ebay and it was cheap" this really means ----> I paid $211 plus shipping for it but would have paid over $300. I had to get up in the middle of the night so I could bid at the last second using the atomic clock I bought and put in the office.

"I got an oily stain on my good hat this color so I shifted it to my grunge wear and bought this new one on sale. The store was closing" this really means----> I don't ever take off a hat unless I'm in bed or showering so when I was dropping the fish in the deep fryer it spashed on my hat. I pored over the posts in FL and found several good suggestions to get the grease out. The suggestions worked but the hat just wasn't the same so I, of course, needed a new one. The store was having a sale, just not on hats. The store was closing as I got there more than hour before closing and looked and tried and worried and fretted over the hats until I found the one I bought 5 minutes after their closing time.

How many of you see yourself in these "story" lines?

Oh me in almost al of them plus..."I know it looks exactly like another hat I have but this one has a wider brim, is a shade darker & is a much better felt quality, sort of like those taupe shoes you have so many of..."

carter

I'll Lock Up
And then there is the one from yesterday.

Yes, I know I have too many grey hats but I wasn't really looking for a hat. I was just surfing the FL and admiring a hat that gtd purchased and I clicked on the link to the hat. It was a REALLY NICE hat! Then I noticed that the seller had some other hats listed and they were probably WAY LESS than you'd pay in an ebay auction. There was this one hat that was a Beaver Brand in grey and I dont have a Beaver Brand hat in grey. OK, I do but that's an old cowboy hat! Did I mention that the Beaver Brand hat was WAY LESS than you'd pay in an ebay auction? Anyway, I contacted the seller and offered a sum under the very low price posted by the seller which was already WAY LESS than you'd pay on ebay. Imagine my surprise when the seller accepted my offer! I NEVER thought that would happen, honest. Well, after that, how could I not buy the hat? AND...it was WAY LESS than it would have been on an ebay auction. AND...I didn't spend a whole lot of time searching ebay auctions.

Yes, dear, I can take out the trash now. Just let me get my hat.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
If you're not finding anything on ebay lately, you're just not looking.
I don't know what this one is, but I like it. It's a 7 1/2. Condition might be a crap shoot though, as there are clearly a few moth nips near the size tag.
aaaaste1.jpg

aaaaste2.jpg

aaaaste3.jpg

aaaaste4.jpg

This is one of my favorite auctions ever. I found it when I checked what else a hat seller had up for auction and I nearly cried as I read it. Here's a "taste":

"HELLO,HELLO, PLEASE LOOK AT MY PICTURE, THESE ARE TOMATOES THAT I GREW IN MY OWN GARDEN. THIS IS A NORMAL SIZE PIECE OF TOAST, (BREAD). THE SECOND PIC IS ANOTHER TOMATO FROM MY GARDEN THAT MY HUSBAND IS HOLDING. THE THIRD PIC IS ON A SLICE OF BREAD, AND IF YOU LOOK CLOSE YOU CAN SEE THE SLICE OF BACON. YUMMY. "
b59b_1.JPG
c114_1.JPG
c919_1.JPG

lol

cookie

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
They never do! I've started to have them delivered at work and then smugling them in we she's not looking.

You are not Robinson Crusoe!lol lol :eek: :eek: :D :D

Tango Yankee said:
Of course, I'm not allowed to comment when she comes home with yet another purse when she gets her hair cut! :eusa_doh:

Bags to women these days are like hats to a Lounger....FWIW

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
Bags to women these days are like hats to a Lounger....FWIW

So true!

Incidentally, Cookie -- it would be a helluva lot easier to read your posts if Gina Lollobrigida wasn't staring at me from your avatar! :D

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
You may be on the phone with her, but she has now put the phone down and is not listening to a word you are saying. Her attention has turned elsewhere...:D

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou