Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

barrowjh

One Too Many
Resistol Beaver 100 3 3/8 brim 3 cord ribbon 7 1/8 1965 - 1972

(DJH - VERY nice hat, love the Bantam)

Continuing from posts #22722 & #22727, this is the Resistol Beaver 100 after initial re-shaping. This hat appears to me, based on a few years experience, to be absolutely pristine until I started messing with it yesterday. Never worn, and never touched for years. Felt is just precious. I reshaped the crown, beveled the brim edge and shaped it to my liking (for now). I may mess with it some more, it is such a pleasure to touch-

The hat behind it to the right is a Resistol San Ant Beaver 25.

From the other side, now a Resistol 'Cutter Bill' Beaver 50 behind and to the left.

The family, flash shot with the new Beaver 100 patriarch in the lead, the San Ant '25 lower right and Cutter Bill '50 upper right.

No flash on the next one. The Cutter Bill '50 used to be my awesome 'big' hat with a 3 inch brim; now you have to move over 'lil Bill, the Boss with 3 3/8 brim done moved in.

Such a sweet little family, maybe I should have included my 3 San Ant 3X Beavers to make it a sextet?

barrowjh

One Too Many
Continuing on with the Resistol Beaver 100 -

Here is a liner line-up, the 100 fore, 50 mid, and 25 sitting on its side farthest away.

The Sweatband (at forehead) in order:

Close-up of the San Ant Beaver 25's liner

The Beaver 100 liner:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic Resistol 100, John.
Even better that you have the 25, 50, 100 set.

As Jeff said, the new hat looks great on you.

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family

Couldnt stop myself from bidding on this one, I have a Black Bowler by Miller Correct Styles and I was always impressed by the quality of it.

Any guesses as to age? I was going to say late 40's and then I noticed the sweatband isn't stitched. Older maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran