Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

John Galt

Vendor
It's too bad I recently sold it. This would be a difficult one. Does he have experience with old stiff felts?

Well, it's my understanding that he makes stiff hats entirely by hand in the old manner, with the old tools, and has done so for 30 years

He's pretty modest, but his work looks good and his collection of old school tools indicates that he's the real deal.

Last edited:
Well, it's my understanding that he makes stiff hats entirely by hand in the old manner, with the old tools, and has done so for 30 years

He's pretty modest, but his work looks good and his collection of old school tools indicates that he's the real deal.

If I find another one I will send it his way. I haven't seen a modern made stiff felt like the old machine assisted ones.

fedoracentric

Banned
Hmmmm. I'd say the black one looks unstable to me... Unless the T part is supposed to go into the hat and the hat hangs with the brim and head opening hanging parallel to the wall. Maybe that is how it works? But it that is the case, the bend downward doesn't make sense to me.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
e6apana6.jpg

7y2e9uhe.jpg

2ury7aga.jpg

erydygaq.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart