Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

44 freaking grand?! Good lord, couldn't the winner just do cocaine like anyone else who has too much money?

It's a charity auction:

All proceeds benefit From One Hand to Another whose mission is to help change the world one kid at a time by giving them the tools and resources to meet their unique potential and empower them to nurture curiosity by learning through new technologies, arts, media and motivation!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New here, enjoying the wealth of info. I've been looking for an awesome vintage bowler. Just bought one off ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321321244818

May have paid too much with the UK shipping but I love the lining. Any info on this hat is appreciated. Kind of wondering how old it is?

Looks in great condition. They're difficult to date, but it's probably late 40's possibly early 50's from the logo.

fatsgt

New in Town
Looks in great condition. They're difficult to date, but it's probably late 40's possibly early 50's from the logo.

Here is a pict of the lining.
bf1cw7.jpg

I saw a posting here saying that if the label says R.A. Dunn vs Just Dunn & Co is probably 30s or older but who knows.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Here is a pict of the lining.

I saw a posting here saying that if the label says R.A. Dunn vs Just Dunn & Co is probably 30s or older but who knows.

The full G A Dunn & Co name disappeared in the late 50's. I'm 90% certain your bowler is no older than 40's from the combination of sweat and liner, but in terms of construction there's little difference in quality between the 30's and 50's hats

fatsgt

New in Town
The full G A Dunn & Co name disappeared in the late 50's. I'm 90% certain your bowler is no older than 40's from the combination of sweat and liner, but in terms of construction there's little difference in quality between the 30's and 50's hats

Excellent, thanks for the input!

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
I won this yesterday listed as A Stetson Open Road, sold by Harry the Hatter in Vancouver
$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Got it for £11.02 so under $20 which I though was a good deal
It has a surface moth bite, and some marks but give it a steam and a clean see how it comes out

Rick Blaine

Panamahatmall.com via eBay- real deal or BS

Said to be a grade 11-12 Montecristi.
Given the faults of the auction photo, anyone wanna opine as to whether or not I got what was advertised?
I am presuming it is one of the 16 pictured here.
Whatta ya' think? [huh]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80