Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Ande1964

Practically Family
I popped for the pricier one. I'm not sure the Sovereign isn't a 1 3/4 brim, and I like the color on the Royal Deluxe. I hope it's as nice as my other Royal Deluxe from that era.

I'll have to purge a few to make room!

Anj

Dumbjaw said:
These were very easy to find:

A brown 7 5/8 Stetson Sovereign for $41.02 and a brown 7 5/8 Stetson Royal Deluxe for $81.00. Seems to me it should've been the other way around! Both have 2" brims, probably from the 60's.

I didn't try for either one.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Cavanagh milan 7 1/8
hat01.jpg

beautiful Knox 20 in 7 3/8
ccf0_1.JPG
cfa5_1.JPG

Jabos

A-List Customer
Bill, I was looking hard at that Knox but just couldn't do it now. Can you post a pic with it on when you get it? Looks nice, esp for the price.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful. Between the Cav and the Knox, you've purchased two of the nicest hats (in my mind, anyway) on the bay in the past month. :) :eusa_clap :)

nickn5 said:
so after paying this:

DSC00385.jpg

I don't mind the customs charge. Value added tax is, after all, reasonable. It's the £8 parcelforce fee that gets me. I ave been talking to HM Customs and Revenue, and Parcelforce, trying to locate a package recently. It turns out that all Parcelforce do to get the package to HMRC is pass it along a conveyor belt to a different part of the same building. And they charge £8? What a joke.

bk

Tampahound

One of the Regulars
I feel like...

I feel like I'm snaking my new friends in The Lounge when I bid at the last moment on an eBay hat. :eek:

A sour/sweet feeling as I look forward to my new purchase!

My new Hat

I hope it wasn't any of you fine folks that I did that to.

Tampahound said:
I feel like I'm snaking my new friends in The Lounge when I bid at the last moment on an eBay hat. :eek:

My new Hat

Don't worry Thound, we've all been sniped by or snaked one from a fellow Lounger. It is the way it is...congrats!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Tampahound said:

First, Welcome, Tampahound!

Second, it should just be a sweet feeling! Back when eBay showed the user IDs of bidders we got to know the IDs of some of our fellow Loungers. Sometimes we'd back off if we saw an ID we knew, but other times not if it was a really sweet hat! :p Either way, it all comes down to the person who is willing to pay the most for the hat on offer at that particular time.

Speaking of which, if I hadn't gotten distracted this morning by the need to start working on re-roofing a large section of my roof that was blown away you may have had some serious competition! I had considered setting a sniper for that hat but held off... and then was distracted. :eusa_doh: I was a bit disappointed as I'm a fan of Champ hats, but pleased to see it went to another Lounger! :eusa_clap

Enjoy, and don't forget to post a photo of yourself wearing it when it arrives! :D

Cheers,
Tom

PS That reminds me--I need to post a photo of the Champ Featherweight that arrived today! :D

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Lefty said:
Wonderful. Between the Cav and the Knox, you've purchased two of the nicest hats (in my mind, anyway) on the bay in the past month. :) :eusa_clap :)

:eek: ;)
Thank you Lefty (says I, blushing). I hadn't seen anything really tempting for quite a while, then those two appeared.

Jabos, I certainly will post pics when the Knox comes in.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Got up too late this morning for bidding. Well, if anyone can supply a Statson One Hundred in pristine, unworn condition, szise 7 3/8 ...

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Not Me.....

Lefty said:
So, was it a member that tossed the big bucks for buler's Stetson 100? (There are two threads on it.)

NOT ME......But as a Proud Owner of a "One-Hundred" myself, I feel that it was worth every penny :D :D
Congrads to who ever got it. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff