Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

tommyK

One Too Many
Photo, I chalk those mistakes up to the price of a hat education and learn what I can from it like you've mentioned here. If there is no clear size tag shown in an add I always ask if there is a size tag in the back of the leather sweatband or under it, or if they are a size 7 1/2 and it fits them. That usually gets them to pony up.

Mystic

Practically Family
Photo, I chalk those mistakes up to the price of a hat education and learn what I can from it like you've mentioned here. If there is no clear size tag shown in an add I always ask if there is a size tag in the back of the leather sweatband or under it, or if they are a size 7 1/2 and it fits them. That usually gets them to pony up.

I have found that it's best to pass on a hat when the seller doesn't respond to questions.

Unless you're perfectly willing to gamble the price of the hat plus shipping and prepared to accept whatever you get when you open the box. :eek:hwell:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I don't want to ish talk the guy.... because he is very nice

but there are multiple hats being sold by Timothiescloset that have 3 different sizes marked for one single hat

for example

in the title it will say 7 1/4
in the item specifics it will say 7 3/8
then in the item description it will say 7

then to boot no pics of a size tag

I'm sure they are honest mistakes...

Jeez, Fruno send me a PM next time. I've never gotten a 7 1/2 that cheap!

p.s. I have my doubts that the seller got the size right, I don't see a tag

I couldn't remember who was that size, so I just put out the APB. I thought about grabbing it myself, but this cut out the middleman.

Now Alan, if it turns out to be a 7 1/4, you know where you can find me!

photogravity

One of the Regulars
Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

That's krajee dawg! Without the steampun-k keyword being added to the description, I doubt it would have gone anywhere near that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited because their software doesn't like the work pun-k

Last edited:

navarre

Vendor
Sorry to say guys, but $1000 is quite often an average starting price for a working one. So $1025 is a pretty decent price.

And remember, without the matching formillion, it's kind of pointless to own one.

tommyK

One Too Many
Gripe;

Once again I've seen a hat I wanted to bid on disappear only to find a completed listing for a very low Buy-it-now price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BOR...DE-IN-ITALY-/261994606057?hash=item3d00186de9

Somebody obviously talked an inexperienced seller into a rippoff. Really getting sick of this so I am now contacting the sellers of all size 7 1/2 vintage hats on ebay and telling them to not fall for this and will offer pricing advice if necessary. I'm going to do this from now on, every descent vintage hat I catch will be warned against this. It's one thing to find a great deal that everybody missed or was unwilling to take a chance on and make a profit. Fine. I've got no problem with that. I don't like seeing people get suckered and worse, me and others here not getting to bid on great hats in even harder to find sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR