Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rclark

Call Me a Cab
996f04b00039bb3d7bc292d9da7d8ba6.jpg
9ecb53e6ff9af59f8e1e08951ad4fa18.jpg

f83b7af401c54762fd1692c3054dc1c0.jpg

69d4f01f9658e0703403293c5eb87fee.jpg

Stetson Boss Floridian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perry, that hat is BOSS! A very special hat indeed.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
:) sometimes we hold back from asking questions because if the seller posts the Q & A - attracts a lot of competition - so even thought we KNOW we should ask, end up gambling on it anyway, willing to forego clarity to avoid competition.
That is true for some. Myself, I want to know. If I want a hat, I give anyone fair warning I will bid maybe $750.00 so no one does outbid me...if they want to bid more than they can darned sure have it! haha!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Yup. I wonder if the buyer thought to check the seller's number.
Probably not - poor thing! :(

Not long ago I made a 7-1/4 search on the Bay. I landed on a beauty, I have wanted for years. Only one minute left of the auction, so I did some very feverish checks and threw my wallet at the screen.

After winning and paying, I discovered that I had probably clicked a "Similar Items" link ... at least it was way too small.

Fellow Danish Lounger Panadora visited me to see, if it fit his 6-7/8 head, but it was a size too large.

Anyway, now I'm the "happy" owner of a beautiful size 7 black Stetson Stratoliner - with stars in both crests, but without other labels.

It'll probably go in the Classifieds in a couple of weeks, and maybe back to the bay. Hopefully I'll get some of the money back :D

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I note of late in eBay listings that old stand by title.."Mad Men" is not being used so much now.

In seeing what goes on at times with sellers, I guess I have been lucky! Most sellers I buy from have been super nice, and sort of remain friends with on eBay even after buying from them. You note also many hats have bar code stickers/price tags that are scan codes for check out purposes but sellers will say in the title or description, "Vintage Hat".....

frussell

One Too Many
Over half the listings I get when I search for 7 7/8 on eBay are mislabeled 6 7/8s. Made me quit trying for a long while. Plus the other cranially endowed guys here seem to strike more quickly than I do. I did grab that 7X Clear Beaver that was here in the classifieds, and was pleased that it was the real deal, and fits well. Stars in the crest on both liner and sweat, so if I gather correctly, pre-1952? Frank

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Over half the listings I get when I search for 7 7/8 on eBay are mislabeled 6 7/8s. Made me quit trying for a long while. Plus the other cranially endowed guys here seem to strike more quickly than I do. I did grab that 7X Clear Beaver that was here in the classifieds, and was pleased that it was the real deal, and fits well. Stars in the crest on both liner and sweat, so if I gather correctly, pre-1952? Frank
You did get a great hat. I purchased a hat or shoes from that same seller on eBay and found that he had been here on the Lounge and asked him to at least put that hat up for sale. Glad someone finally purchased and gave it a good home.

I can imagine it is not easy finding much in the size you wear. I know looking for a size 7 1/2 is at times difficult to find a hat fresh enough to buy. And then you see the hundreds of hats that are around a size 7 or close to that size and selling for next to nothing. Makes you want to have a special machine to zap the hat into the actual size you want by merely pushing a button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic