Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Ken David

One of the Regulars
oh my ...

what in the world is going on ?

Whaaaaat???? Size 7....has to be something up with the bidding? The seller "gunloader55" (Vic) is a FL member and has recently sold several hats on ebay. He had the Art Fawcett Dualist for sale and I believe he bought several VS lids in the beginning of the year. Curios what went on with that auction and why he has so many smaller sizes available (out of curiosity).

Ken David

One of the Regulars
same bidders bidding this one up....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dobbs-Fedor...647248?hash=item2f07b33250:g:-MkAAOSwAVRZcRCA

2 sizes bigger....hmmmm

Actually one of the bidders is bidding on all this seller's listing, somebody's ebay account(s) may have been hacked. Looking at the seller's feedback somebody has been bidding up a couple other items and then posting negative comments. Enough of this detective work!

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Well I am definitely going to be in trouble after this one, lol. After a few months of searching for a vintage Homburg I had kind of given up. I decided to take one last look after some advice and being inspired by @blueAZNmonkey. Very late last night I stumbled upon a Stetson St Regis listed for sale without a size. Luckily in the description it mentioned it should be in between a 7 1/2 and 7 5/8 which is perfect for me. I put an offer of $91 (was listed at $145) on it to make it an even $100 with shipping and I awoke this morning to the sellers acceptance. I really like the looks of this hat and hope I did ok on the price. It was listed as a 1950s Stetson St Regis and appears to be in great shape!
IMG_804.jpg
IMG_803.jpg
IMG_802.jpg
IMG_801.jpg
IMG_806.jpg

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Looks good overall, although it looks like there's a little mothing around the underside of the brim where the sweat is sewn in.

I've been looking at hommies, too, and they always get so expensive.
Yep sadly there was some mothing on the underside near the sweat. I figured it wouldn't show when I wear it so I put in an aggressive offer and figured what the heck.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Nice one Jer. Way better then the one you were considering from the outlet.
Good pick up. Been wanting a St. Regis myself for a while.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thank you guys! I totally agree Bob. Even with the mothing this one is wayyyyy better than the one I was looking at from the Outlet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy