Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

MondoFW

Practically Family
Fantastic vintage lid! I absolutely love this one.

Very interesting the similarities in the brim bindings, especially, between these two hats. Another great score!
Thank you! I concur, the brim binding on both hats is quite special.
Mondo: Stellar both!
Fyi: Willow-Green is our own 40Cal...King of the diamond dent!! You’ve done very well in your selection and will do well to keep an eye out for when he lets go of a few from time to time.
B
Ya know, i thought the distinct bash looked familiar. Glad i could give another lounger business. I might even try for another lid from him, his selection has some grails!
Both of those are treasures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No kidding! Might quit for a while after this.
show stopper

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks Justin! Means a lot from a young expert such as yourself

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Just won this one for $107.50
I wonder if there is a ribbon under that snake band, and if not, if I can cut that not-to-my liking rattle off.
VTG Setson Silver Belly Open Road Snake Skin Band Hat w/ Original Box Size 71/4

e63996a9c92a7edd341d8933a58ffab1.jpg
efcc3a60c7114b0c16d32bd8c414bebc.jpg
c217e013f03c9b0eba8abc53e64d1389.jpg
f9eb594741f61ba0e37f5dfe32983a59.jpg
89b68911864bffe696969e0d1547cfc3.jpg
cc0fc44f0bc3a1c79c6c7aa2d8c95281.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Doc. I do recall a hat that looked like this one in Moon's collection. Personally, I think these two acquisitions make up for me not being able to buy any of Moon's hats. And boy, I was disappointed at the time!
I think you will love the feel of it, Mondo!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Just won this one for $107.50
I wonder if there is a ribbon under that snake band, and if not, if I can cut that not-to-my liking rattle off.
VTG Setson Silver Belly Open Road Snake Skin Band Hat w/ Original Box Size 71/4

Very nice! I hope the band is not glued on. If you get it off in one piece you could sell it to someone who wants to look like Ronnie Van Zant.

ef5de8aaa485d53d637937f4f679faed--lynyrd-skynyrd-rock-roll.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I realize these days that when I use the term "common decency" I'm talking about a previously common action that doesn't seem to occur with the same frequency or have the same importance that it used to.

Stated much better than I did! I'm currently reading a book 'The Existentialist's Survival Guide - How to Live Authentically in an Inauthentic Age' by Gordon Marino. The 'Authenticity' question that it addresses is commonsense for many of us, but those who believe that the way 'common decency' has evolved is okay, it would be a worthwhile read (the main focus of the book is digesting the work of Kierkegaard and other existentialists).

humanshoes

One Too Many
Stated much better than I did! I'm currently reading a book 'The Existentialist's Survival Guide - How to Live Authentically in an Inauthentic Age' by Gordon Marino. The 'Authenticity' question that it addresses is commonsense for many of us, but those who believe that the way 'common decency' has evolved is okay, it would be a worthwhile read (the main focus of the book is digesting the work of Kierkegaard and other existentialists).
Well, let's not forget the First Rule of Philosophy: For every philosopher, there exists and equal and opposite philosopher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24