Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Got this one a while ago. Mallory fifteen. Looks 1940? I hadn't seen that liner before. I find it interesting. Anyone know about it?
75496c1fd9cdc2be8a6fec523f86d5ff.jpg
f93510436a14b6f0922b5649784b82af.jpg
ab8e2e6a0fae4f0ce872b6f0d31a1ed9.jpg
bdd8a985ee39cbf1f7985a375b88f9e5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
pre '46 merger

I watched it go

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I dig the felt and ribbon combination. Forgive my ignorance, is there a model name on the hat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hahaha. Brent, if you're hat-ignorant, where does that leave me? [emoji5]

All I know is that the listing said it was an Imperial Stetson with a suede finish (I didn't have one) that I really liked the shape, proportions and colors, and that the seller (who is a fellow Lounger that I've bought from before) said that the liner, sweatband and ribbons are excellent.
It has a shallow moth nibble under the brim, but I think that will get shallower with some sandpaper if the felt is thick enough. I will leave that to Ignacio to judge.

Was the sole bidder on this Stetson Nutria quality western.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142976139899
s-l1600.jpg

(auction photo)

Despite what the seller says, it looks like there is a size tag there, and those measurements look too big to actually be a size 7, so there's a good chance you'll find this popping up in the classifieds here next week. :p

That’s some sort of score. I hope it fits you.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Was the sole bidder on this Stetson Nutria quality western.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142976139899
s-l1600.jpg

(auction photo)

Despite what the seller says, it looks like there is a size tag there, and those measurements look too big to actually be a size 7, so there's a good chance you'll find this popping up in the classifieds here next week. :p
Isn't it curious that so many old Stetsons have a connection to Reno, Nevada? Maybe Justin's time machine can travel in time, but not in space, like the one in The Time Machine movie.

All I know is that the listing said it was an Imperial Stetson with a suede finish (I didn't have one) that I really liked the shape, proportions and colors, and that the seller (who is a fellow Lounger that I've bought from before) said that the liner, sweatband and ribbons are excellent.
It has a shallow moth nibble under the brim, but I think that will get shallower with some sandpaper if the felt is thick enough. I will leave that to Ignacio to judge.

It’s not flashy, but it’s not one of those “just like every other fedora” hats. Know what I mean?

This is the understated elegance I’m looking for:

c19c11f1b3c1c4fb5bb919593eee31c0.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy