Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Hat Case

Just picked this up on the bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=320352689087

BPD-d2CGkKGrHgoH-DUEjlLlypo6BJvhuMW.jpg

BPD-W5wB2kKGrHgoH-C8EjlLlykEBJvhK4W.jpg

BPD-PyBGkKGrHgoH-EEEjlLlLvtBJvgmkcG.jpg

A Home for my Stetson One-Hundred ???

Warbaby

One Too Many
Charlie Huang said:
Now that is a good boater!

Is it stiff enough to slice someone's head off?

Thanks, Charlie. It appears to be in tip-top condition, though I may need to replace the band. And yes, I think it's definitely gonna be stiff enough to do the job, particularly with that slightly saw-tooth edge of the brim.

Now I need a striped jacket like the one in your avatar. That's class-A sharp!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Won this hat tonight..

What do ya'll think of it? For some reason the different angles of the pics taken make it look like two different hats..

245284648_tp.jpg

245284087_tp.jpg

245283711_tp.jpg

Tiller

Practically Family
djgo-cat-go said:
What do ya'll think of it? For some reason the different angles of the pics taken make it look like two different hats..

245284648_tp.jpg

245284087_tp.jpg

245283711_tp.jpg

I was going to bid on that one, but then decided not to. Rilico is a good seller I've bought from him many times in the past, you should enjoy it :).

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Isn't the wait around a year and a half - with poor communication? For that kind of expense and frustration, I could see someone who's really into IJ paying a new hat price for a used one.

edit: Bidding history indicates that the winner was really going after this one.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Stetson Open Road

I have observed that on the FL it seems like "everyone" has one and that they are "a dime a dozen", '60s or older. That is my impression. It is also my impression after my "extensive" ;) two month study of Ebay hats that I don't notice that many Open Roads. Are most of the older Open Roads in a western crease that causes me to overlook them? Am I just still a bit "wet behind the ears" at this? Okay, no more corny catch phrases.

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
I watched that stretcher knowing it was going to go for a couple more than I was willing to pay. I watched it and I really really wanted it, but I really don't have that type of money right now. It sure looks nice though......

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Jabos said:
I have observed that on the FL it seems like "everyone" has one and that they are "a dime a dozen", '60s or older. That is my impression. It is also my impression after my "extensive" ;) two month study of Ebay hats that I don't notice that many Open Roads. Are most of the older Open Roads in a western crease that causes me to overlook them? Am I just still a bit "wet behind the ears" at this? Okay, no more corny catch phrases.

they come up quite often, some cattleman creased, others not. The discernible model name and the attention they receive here go a long way to raising their price way beyond other hats of the same era and quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy