Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I tried to tell the seller that his size “7.5” Borsalino is a US size 7, but he wasn’t going to fall for my scam. ;)

4711ba9e1a374185313056f75e3c5079.jpg

03a254491cb4af853f151bb75614e701.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

M Brown

A-List Customer
Gripe:
Bought an Ebay 8x Rand for my wife. Hat arrived. Nice hat but not the size listed. Too large for her and so much so that it came down over her ears.

Contacted seller, requested return/refund. Sent photo of Rand's build specs under the sweat band, showing the size a full size larger than listed.

Seller questions my lifting up the sweat band like it's a problem. I assure it's normal procedure and perhaps seller should have checked prior to listing.

Seller said ship it back. Priority mailed it back with 2 day delivery. Then seller says 'am out of town...will photograph the opening of the box and the item when I return in a week or so". Seller says a family member took delivery of the package and brought it in.

Ten days later seller says the hat looks fine and "looks like I owe you a refund". It's now 3 weeks since the purchase.

Nearly two weeks later, am still awaiting a refund. Seller says a refund has been initiated several times but fails to process.

I've now turned it over to Ebay for resolution as to why seller cannot process the refund.

Not worried about it, it will eventually happen. But IMHO Seller is full of it.

Update: finally gave up on seller and initiated the Ebay refund thru Ebay. Received my refund in less than 10 min. Then seller emailed and asked why I asked Ebay to step in.

Duh.

Last edited:
Calling @Frunobulax , also known as Jim The Dalton King (Mike's idea) which year is this Dalton from?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

No idea, Max. The Kaufmanns I picked up for my wife is the first "by Dalton" I've seen. The lack of a cellophane liner tip says maybe pre-50s to me, though. Same as the Kaufmanns. The re-order tag may hold some clues.

I'll be happy to take a closer look; just send it my way.

And I prefer Charlie's Duke of Dalton, to be honest. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner