Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
No idea, Max. The Kaufmanns I picked up for my wife is the first "by Dalton" I've seen. The lack of a cellophane liner tip says maybe pre-50s to me, though. Same as the Kaufmanns. The re-order tag may hold some clues.

I'll be happy to take a closer look; just send it my way.

And I prefer Charlie's Duke of Dalton, to be honest. :D
Hahahaha. Duke has a ring to it, but King reigns.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

ryan_289

Familiar Face
I love this.

"An New older 1970s Stetson SilverBelly No.1 Quality Gentleman's Cowboy Hat. Dad and I agreed after watching those old Bonanza cowboy TV a series each Saturday that the Little Joe Cartwright going out to town or the impress the girl hat was this style, not a SilverBelly though.

This was probably the end of the soft shell hats that were No.1 Quality. The felt is supersoft and very thick. Today's rating would make it a 20-30X. No.1 Quality was their higher quality hat, made from Stetsons finest felts. They had NO 20X or 30X ratings back then.

These old ones were extremely well made!"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-19...z-7/223730694249?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
I LOVE fedora ribbons on "cowboy" hats. I'd be all over it if it were a 7 1/4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I found this interesting. I don't think I've seen a hat labeled Hat Corporation of America.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/274164733329
Here it is

I'm wondering if this was something they did in later days with a lot of production maybe comingled

It was the only one I had seen too.

155e75393b3b56e75bb32cfb72442293.jpg

Best,
Joe

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Is it the elusive MacLachlan 100?;)

If it were, golf wouldn't have been worth missing it.

Well you know what they say about golf. Just a good walk spoiled.

I'll go out on a limb and say it's probably not the elusive 100 since there is no liner and just a tip sticker. Looks to maybe be a lighter weight summer hat. Will find out in a few days. Still excited, nevertheless, as it'll be my first Mac Lachlan.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

I'll go out on a limb and say it's probably not the elusive 100 since there is no liner and just a tip sticker. Looks to maybe be a lighter weight summer hat. Will find out in a few days. Still excited, nevertheless, as it'll be my first Mac Lachlan.
Pretty thick limb you're standing on[emoji4]

If it were, golf wouldn't have been worth missing it.

Could have kept Max at least a bit worried about it for probably a week or so, Jonathan:D

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I do have to be careful what I say around here, else I'll get beat by said limb. I've probably already said more than I should.
You must be mistaking me with someone else. Even if I knew a lot about hats, I wouldn't think of it as a big deal. If I knew a lot about investments or medicine, I might. [emoji4]

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Ha! I thought this was gonna go for about $350, so I bid that. I won it for 47.
I think it's from the 40s.
3250bc6e5f449763266b08aa121eb15a.jpg

Great get, Doc. I think the fact it's a homburg and black limits the market. Nevertheless, $47 is a steal. I expected it to sell for much more, though not $350. ;)

It also looks like it might have the gold foil keyhole tag, which I think places it in the 1930s. (See Alan's comment on my Stetson topper.)

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Great get, Doc. I think the fact it's a homburg and black limits the market. Nevertheless, $47 is a steal. I expected it to sell for much more, though not $350. ;)

It also looks like it might have the gold foil keyhole tag, which I think places it in the 1930s. (See Alan's comment on my Stetson topper.)
I'm kind if thinking and hoping it's a pencil-roll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner