Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

A lovely trio
E15A5FA2-B0F4-4953-923F-67EE4F4A0D32.png

new2hats

A-List Customer
Ok thanks for your reply. It is 2 1/4 in long, so it'll work with stingy brims too? guess ill try it out and see if it's helpful. My first hat tool!

Flanges are handy things to have. Finding them used in the right size, the right oval, the right brim width, and the right depth or amount of flange isn’t always easy.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Well here is a rather long eBay story that makes up for that 7X debacle.

A different seller put up this Stetson 3X Labeled as an Indian Wars hat; he had it at a starting price of $180. He listed it under Militaria, not vintage hats. It looks like a 20s hat with some condition issues.

After a few days without sale I offered his $120, pointing out that it will take some cleaning and work from my hatter in Mexico City. He turned me down, saying he had paid $180 for the hat some time ago.

Well we went back and forth, eventually I gave up on giving him low offers, it didn’t seem friendly to keep that up.

(Don’t get mad eBay Lounger curmudgeons :)

When he relisted the hat under Militaria again we talked about switching it over to the vintage hat section, how to check the actual size, how to clear up his listing title and mention the rare white inventory tag and early 3X crest, etc. I even wrote over to Doc to let him know the hat was coming back. I figured if the hat was properly listed the Doc is the only one who could really compete at the upper price limits for a ~pre20s 3X.

Well the end of the story, the seller, a retired history professor, said I had been so nice that if I still wanted the hat he’d let me have it for $180. Whew. We went through crazy coordinations, he took a couple of ill-timed naps, and I got the hat!

Woohoo!

When this pandemic ends, this one is going for an Ignacio refurb!

View attachment 310415 View attachment 310416 View attachment 310417 View attachment 310418
I could tell you really wanted that one, my friend. I am really glad you got it. Congratulations! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21