Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Finally found a Berteil. From Miami Bruno, God bless him. He says he doesn't have the original sweatband with the Berteil markings. Since it's Adrián who's saying it, I can be sure it is. View attachment 308178 View attachment 308189 View attachment 308190 View attachment 308191 View attachment 308192 View attachment 308193 View attachment 308194
Berteil’s are very very nice hats, Max.
Lovely felt and elegantly appointed.
Not often seen and a fine addition to your collection.
Beautiful rich color.
B

Scooterz

Practically Family
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg

Snowman

Practically Family
This seller had another hat that I was after, but the price went higher than I was willing to go. There wasn’t much interest in this one, but I have been looking for a brown hat, so I took a chance. Smart move! The color is darker than the first picture (seller pic), more of a cocoa brown as seen in the second picture. More in the Dobbs Diner.
528E967E-5748-466C-9439-B3E06134A40D.jpeg
A670FDD5-81E1-423C-908C-F4AF9C04D73B.jpeg

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Well here is a rather long eBay story that makes up for that 7X debacle.

A different seller put up this Stetson 3X Labeled as an Indian Wars hat; he had it at a starting price of $180. He listed it under Militaria, not vintage hats. It looks like a 20s hat with some condition issues.

After a few days without sale I offered his $120, pointing out that it will take some cleaning and work from my hatter in Mexico City. He turned me down, saying he had paid $180 for the hat some time ago.

Well we went back and forth, eventually I gave up on giving him low offers, it didn’t seem friendly to keep that up.

(Don’t get mad eBay Lounger curmudgeons :)

When he relisted the hat under Militaria again we talked about switching it over to the vintage hat section, how to check the actual size, how to clear up his listing title and mention the rare white inventory tag and early 3X crest, etc. I even wrote over to Doc to let him know the hat was coming back. I figured if the hat was properly listed the Doc is the only one who could really compete at the upper price limits for a ~pre20s 3X.

Well the end of the story, the seller, a retired history professor, said I had been so nice that if I still wanted the hat he’d let me have it for $180. Whew. We went through crazy coordinations, he took a couple of ill-timed naps, and I got the hat!

Woohoo!

When this pandemic ends, this one is going for an Ignacio refurb!

1E2D9CA5-9425-46DC-842F-37D459121E62.png
22DF22E6-409B-4575-81D3-3C4A29BBC542.png
675D95A0-D7C2-46EA-AACA-0163A7F0849E.png
526744FF-562C-4D1B-803D-44EBF1976029.png

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Very nice!

A different seller put up this Stetson 3X Labeled as an Indian Wars hat; he had it at a starting price of $180. He listed it under Militaria, not vintage hats. It looks like a 20s hat with some condition issues.

After a few days without sale I offered his $120, pointing out that it will take some cleaning and work from my hatter in Mexico City. He turned me down, saying he had paid $180 for the hat some time ago.

Well we went back and forth, eventually I gave up on giving him low offers, it didn’t seem friendly to keep that up.

When he relisted the hat under Militaria again we talked about switching it over to the vintage hat section, how to check the actual size, how to clear up his listing title and mention the rare white inventory tag and early 3X crest, etc. I even wrote over to Doc to let him know the hat was coming back. I figured if the hat was properly listed the Doc is the only one who could really compete at the upper price limits for a ~pre20s 3X.

Well the end of the story, the seller, a retired history professor, said I had been so nice that if I still wanted the hat he’d let me have it for $180. Whew. We went through crazy coordinations, he took a couple of ill-timed naps, and I got the hat!

Woohoo!

View attachment 310415 View attachment 310416 View attachment 310417 View attachment 310418

Woohoo!

View attachment 310415 View attachment 310416 View attachment 310417 View attachment 310418
Quite cool. Congratulations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points