Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I had a new experience with the auction of that Wellema I recently picked up. There was a bidder (using different accounts with zero or a single negative review) bidding $999 or $9,999 and then cancelling the bids every couple of days. I think they were trying to flesh out a competing bidder's maximum bid. It was really annoying as the high bid would be over $200, then drop back to $52. The last account they used (with only a "non payment" review) was winning up until the last second until an experienced and well reviewed bidder won ... thankfully.
Tricky as heck kinda way to find out bidders all in bids. Amazes me how thieves think. Can only imagine the crap they do for “important” stuff. Honest man is hard to find these days. Sad
B

StoryPNW

Practically Family
This Churchill just showed up today, it's currently in quarantine so I haven't looked at it too much but it looks a little rougher than the auction photos made it seem. We'll see what I can do with it.
Screenshot_20220331-211048_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20220331-211104_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20220331-211128_eBay.jpg

It’s amazing what a dividing line the brown vs. black sweatbands is. Brown sweat always makes me take a second look, even if it is stingier than I prefer. It still looks like a quality hat…

I completely agree. There are more quality European hats with black sweatbands, but in my mind the wider brown sweatbands always get the hat a second look.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134078805708
Can anyone tell me anything about this NOS never creased hat? I bought today and I suspect it’s a jobber hat from Disney for this Baker store? I looked up the store on-line and found some things about the store, but not much on this beautiful fedora.
Hopefully this is Disney built and I can finally end my search of this great brand.

Can anyone tell me anything about this NOS never creased hat? I bought today and I suspect it’s a jobber hat from Disney for this Baker store? I looked up the store on-line and found some things about the store, but not much on this beautiful fedora.
Hopefully this is Disney built and I can finally end my search of this great brand.
Heck of a fine hat Randall. I may be wrong… but I think at some point Disney hats were made by Lee.

I think I have a Windsor 15 that is quite nice… can’t even imagine a Forty! Congratulations

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Tough call. Can you tell anything from the form of the size tag? It does not look like a Mac size tag or he HCA standards. I am guessing you will have to wait to see what you can find behind the label. It is certainly going to be a nice hat.

Daniel

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Tough call. Can you tell anything from the form of the size tag? It does not look like a Mac size tag or he HCA standards. I am guessing you will have to wait to see what you can find behind the label. It is certainly going to be a nice hat.

Daniel
Thanks, Daniel.
I have seen this style of size tags on a few brands, problem is, I can’t remember which ones they were. :)

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I can't see it on eBay, darn it. Could you please post the pics, Randall?
Never mind. Found it! Ifbyou want to resell this one later...

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Here’tis.
can’t make out the ink stamping behind the sweat but I imagine it may tell some of y’all which company made this hat. It’s definitely a mid to late 50s model judging from the plastic liner tip and reorder tag.
The long white tag looks to me a bit like Stetson’s?
Anyone knowing anything please let us know. Thanks.
Nice hat! The felt quality is of the early 50s Stetson Sovereign Mode Edge hats.
No flaws anywhere on this piece.
A definite keeper whoever made it!
The old gold foil covered 30s/40s Disney hat box with it is a great addition to this deal.
Now I just need to find a proper Disney to fill it.
This tag on the box adds more mystery. Hand written words that match both sides. One saying made individually for this store and the other saying it’s a Disney product called a Gold Label Beaver, which isn’t stamped on the hat anywhere.
What’s up?
Hat Co. product, Disney, something else???
E29B50C7-68B6-4A9D-ACA2-9E82B6BB7996.jpeg
20A4E02D-924B-4FA0-BE34-7ECC479AFCDE.jpeg
97F9D7F7-A2F6-488D-8E3B-71C70D2A346E.jpeg
6AC180AF-AE6B-415C-9943-D869AC1E1A28.jpeg
69BD9229-99A3-4A17-A1EC-DFC5FCB7C52A.jpeg
6864CF68-99F8-429A-B9B3-2F2879107B99.jpeg
BB4A7D0C-DB6B-471C-B7EB-3692B25DA6C9.jpeg
BB7318BA-EC64-4555-A0AB-E6464645625C.jpeg
8B8856CB-87C1-403C-8F2E-DFA04F7C5E84.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’tis.
can’t make out the ink stamping behind the sweat but I imagine it may tell some of y’all which company made this hat. It’s definitely a mid to late 50s model judging from the plastic liner tip and reorder tag.
The long white tag looks to me a bit like Stetson’s?
Anyone knowing anything please let us know. Thanks.
Nice hat! The felt quality is of the early 50s Stetson Sovereign Mode Edge hats.
No flaws anywhere on this piece.
A definite keeper whoever made it!
The old gold foil covered 30s/40s Disney hat box with it is a great addition to this deal.
Now I just need to find a proper Disney to fill it.
This tag on the box adds more mystery. Hand written words that match both sides. One saying made individually for this store and the other saying it’s a Disney product called a Gold Label Beaver, which isn’t stamped on the hat anywhere.
What’s up?
Hat Co. product, Disney, something else???
View attachment 418246 View attachment 418250 View attachment 418247 View attachment 418251 View attachment 418248 View attachment 418249 View attachment 418252 View attachment 418253 View attachment 418254
Wow…. I’m getting pulled in two directions here. That manufacturers tag definitely points to HCA… likely Knox which did a lot of private labeling.

but the white size/to duplicate tag i think I’ve seen elsewhere. Maybe Lee?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy