Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
Panama Back from Optimo

Returned from vacation to find a package from Optimo Hats awaiting. :) Sent the Cavanagh Panama (won on auction site, but not ebay) in to get reblocked, resized, cleaned, and reshaped. I'm very pleased with the results. The previously too-small hat now rests comfortably on my 7 3/8 Long Oval. It's quite a bit cleaner and much of the sulfur bleaching residue that kind of coated the hat has been removed. And I love the new bash...I wasn't too sure if that could be changed or not, having sat in the Optimo bash for decades, but it now has a nice teardrop bash with only a hint of the previous Optimo center line crease. Been wearing it with great enjoyment this week: definitely a permanent part of the collection now. :)

monte1.jpg

monte2.jpg

monte3.jpg

monte4.jpg

Bernie

babs

A-List Customer
Mystery auction now. Limited pics and my lack of knowledge on the brand/make.. I dunno.. Thought it was a pretty slick deal and I needed a non-black. I'm guessing it will be a semi-stingy like the miller I won. Color was right, size was right, price was right.. I jumped.

Now the wait for shipment. Here ya go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200367837662#description

I'll have to search up on "Dunlap Supreme" and "Kasmir".

Any thoughts from the officianado's?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
babs said:
Mystery auction now. Limited pics and my lack of knowledge on the brand/make.. I dunno.. Thought it was a pretty slick deal and I needed a non-black. I'm guessing it will be a semi-stingy like the miller I won. Color was right, size was right, price was right.. I jumped.

Now the wait for shipment. Here ya go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200367837662#description

I'll have to search up on "Dunlap Supreme" and "Kasmir".

Any thoughts from the officianado's?

Dunlap was owned and made by Hat Corporation of America after 1932, so the same company that made Dobbs, Knox, and others. Should be a good hat. Kasmir was Champ's trademark, so it's interesting it was applied to Dunlap, as well, sometime after the 1956 acquistion of Hat Corp. by the Salesky Bros. of Champ Hats. This hat is certainly later than that, though.

Brad

kaosharper1

One Too Many
I was eyeing this one, but I just received my new Art Fawcett and decided one hat a week was enough. It looks like a beauty and a great deal. Lets see it when it comes in.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
BEE-AY-YUTIFUL hat, rlk. Isn't it a little large for you? If it'd been 22" I might have been compelled to take a stab. Congrats on that one!
We'll see. If they measured correctly(ha!)at the claimed 22-3/4" that would be
perfect. The unlined Mallory recently acquired was also a 7-3/8 measured at 22-3/4 and fits OK w/out padding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot