Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Nice one, rlk. I threw in a small bid at the end, but figured I wouldn't get it. Glad it went to a Lounger.

It should be an older hat, as it doesn't have the 1959 brim curl, though it's possible Cavanagh may have offered the older style as well that late.

Brad

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
That is such a score. Even at that size, double what you paid would be a fair price. :eusa_clap

Thanks, all. I set my max a lot higher thinking it would be sniped, but it wasn't. I'll be psyched to get a hand on this one.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Cavanagh Derby

rlk said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123#ht_500wt_956
7-1/4 for <$28.00. John Cavanagh Ltd. Liner small blurry pics so I can't tell if this is older or 1959 vintage.

Great Find and good price!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RLK, Brad,

I also advocate for it being pretty early. It bears the early "John Cavanagh Ltd. Park Avenue at 47th Street New York" liner printing, as opposed to later "Cavanagh Hats New York".

Looking forward for more posts, when it arrives.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very cool OR. Same embossing and font as mine.I wonder if it has 3 rows if stitching on the brim? The ribbon on mine is not as wide.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I'm a little ill about that OR. Don't know why I didn't see it when it was listed. :mad:

No need to make yourself ill in the future Gene. Why not subscribe to my hat finding service? For a small monthly sum you will receive daily updates on all the really cock hats in your size(s). It's the least I can do, and never let it be said that I didn't always do the least I could. TLH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot